Pre-Washing Warm & Natural

Old February 8th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pre-Washing Warm & Natural

Today's S.E.X was 4 cone holders for the sergers, taking one in for some
TLC and a new stitch plate, and 3m of W&N

The batting feels and smells lovely, but I want to know if I can
pre-wash it in a front-loading washer on a gentle cycle, and then
tumble-dry it. If not, I won't, and we'll make wrinkly quilts when we
wash them after quilting! I just want to know. It says hand wash, but
I don't think I can be bothered... ;D
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 8th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes you certainly can wash in a front loader. I do it all the time when I
want a flat-ish quilt. Before I got a front loader, I'd dump the W&N into
the bathtub to soak, then spin it in the washer and dry in the dryer.
--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old February 8th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

KI Graham wrote:

Yes you certainly can wash in a front loader. I do it all the time when I
want a flat-ish quilt. Before I got a front loader, I'd dump the W&N into
the bathtub to soak, then spin it in the washer and dry in the dryer.

Thanks, Kim! It's going in NOW!

Old February 8th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, that's a relief, Kim. I, too, got some for the first time, for a
baby quilt, and was putting off washing it - though I would have done,
as I prefer a non-crinkly look! I have a front-loader, like Kate, so I
will try.
..
In message 0SrGf.585474$ki.293922@pd7tw2no, KI Graham
writes
Yes you certainly can wash in a front loader. I do it all the time when I
want a flat-ish quilt. Before I got a front loader, I'd dump the W&N into
the bathtub to soak, then spin it in the washer and dry in the dryer.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 8th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pre-Washing Warm & Natural: RESULTS!

Don/Gen wrote:

I pre-wash W/N all the time and dry it in a HOT dryer, as I do not like the
wrinkly look at all. Comes out nice and soft.
Gen

This bit has just come out of the dryer.

Up side: it's even softer and fluffier and feels nicer than when it went in!

Downside: Sugar puff is eying it as nesting material!

Old February 9th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have a top loader. I fill it with HOT water and let it soak till the
water is cool. I use the spin cycle to remove all the water possible before
drying it. I use a stick and keep poking it down when it's in the
machine..Not so sure the agitator would be a great idea.
Gen