I want to ask something....please humbly help me.....

Old May 24th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
TimGalisin88

Default I want to ask something....please humbly help me.....

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself first.I'm Timothy Galisin and I'm 19
and from Sabah,Malaysia.I'm a new member of this group.

I'm been making Ojos de Dios for quite sometime.i been making this
since 3 months ago but it rested a month later.
I resumed making them a week ago but I became highly unsatisfied by
making only the Diamond-shaped Ojos de Dios.I wished to try and make
any variations to it and making new shapes of the Ojos de Dios.

I've heard from people and websites that there is a book on Ojos de
Dios and It is said to contain Instructions and new models that i've
never heard and tried before.I wished to have this book but I can't
afford it from Ebay or Amazon or any book selling sites.

I wondered if there is anyone who is willing and generously lend me
the book on Ojos de Dios? If there is anyone giving it,It will be most
appreciated and generous of you all.I ask because I would like to try
out the new patterns that I've never tried before.

So, Please help me and I hope that anyone is willing to help me
out.Please read this properly to avoid miscommunication and
misunderstanding.I apologize in advance if my message sounds offending
to anyone.

Thanks and God bless.

Timothy G. of Sabah,Malaysia.

Old May 24th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

I wished to try and make
any variations to it and making new shapes of the Ojos de Dios.

Instructions for 8-sided:
http://ojos-de-dios.com/ojodirections.html

Old May 24th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Vintage Purls wrote:
I wished to try and make
any variations to it and making new shapes of the Ojos de Dios.

Instructions for 8-sided:
http://ojos-de-dios.com/ojodirections.html

Thanks VP I remember making these in grade school....I was about 8 years
old.

Donna

Old May 24th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
TimGalisin88

On May 24, 1:56 pm, Vintage Purls wrote:
I wished to try and make
any variations to it and making new shapes of the Ojos de Dios.

Instructions for 8-sided:http://ojos-de-dios.com/ojodirections.html

Thanks for the website.......I appreciate it.....any other Ojos de
Dios patterns that I can try on besides what was suggested and diamond-
shaped Ojos de Dios.It is because I've already seen it but still not
satisfied enough because I still want to try out the patterns that
I've never tried before.( i just gone too hardcore....am I???)

so I humbly ask just this.....
"I've heard from people and websites that there is a book on Ojos de
Dios and It is said to contain Instructions and new models that i've
never heard and tried before.I wished to have this book but I can't
afford it from Ebay or Amazon or any book selling sites.

I wondered if there is anyone who is willing and generously lend me
the book on Ojos de Dios? If there is anyone giving it,It will be most
appreciated and generous of you all.I ask because I would like to try
out the new patterns that I've never tried before."

so If there is anyone who is understanding and generous and willing to
help me.....Please help me out.....

Old May 24th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Madelaine

TimGalisin88 wrote:
[...]

If you look on www.abe.com, and search for ojos de dios, there are
several books and phamphlets offered. Read the descriptions carefully
and ask the sellers some questions.
Madelaine
Old May 24th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

TimGalisin88 wrote:

"I've heard from people and websites that there is a book on Ojos de
Dios and It is said to contain Instructions and new models that i've
never heard and tried before.I wished to have this book but I can't
afford it from Ebay or Amazon or any book selling sites.

I looked and was not able to find any book like what you are talking
about, and it takes some gall to ask someone to loan a book to a
stranger overseas. What's the title of the book, and have you checked
used book sites, which is where I always look for books before I buy
them brand new?
Old May 24th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
TimGalisin88

On May 24, 11:39 pm, Madelaine wrote:
TimGalisin88 wrote:
[...]

Hi Madelaine,
Thanks for suggesting but I still cannot afford to buy it online as
the currency conversion from US Dollar to Malaysian Ringgit is way
expensive so I cannot afford them.So please don't ask me to buy from
Ebay,Amazon or any book-selling sites.So....for now I'm counting on
anyone who is willing to lend me a book on Ojos de Dios.Plus my Dad
does not allow buying stuffs from Internet so thanks for your
suggestion.....Your suggestion keeps my options opened.

So my options are still opened....keep suggesting till I'm
satisfied.I'm not interested in pamphlets as I'm interested in books
only.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Timothy G. of Sabah,Malaysia.

Old May 24th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

TimGalisin88 wrote:

So my options are still opened....keep suggesting till I'm
satisfied.I'm not interested in pamphlets as I'm interested in books
only.

Well, it sounds like your options truly are limited. Maybe you just
need to wait a few years until you are no longer under your dad's
authority and your options expand a lot more.

Learning to live within one's means, whether those are financial means
or other means such as what you are permitted to do, is a great builder
of character. I have friends who are missionaries in Singapore and live
with the Singaporean restrictions on what they can do compared to what
the USA allows, and they are also living within their means in that regard.

Thankfully, someone gave you one option, and that should give you
something to work on for a while.

Old May 24th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
TimGalisin88 wrote:

"I've heard from people and websites that there is a book on Ojos de
Dios and It is said to contain Instructions and new models that i've
never heard and tried before.I wished to have this book but I can't
afford it from Ebay or Amazon or any book selling sites.

I looked and was not able to find any book like what you are talking
about, and it takes some gall to ask someone to loan a book to a
stranger overseas. What's the title of the book, and have you checked
used book sites, which is where I always look for books before I buy
them brand new?

He is asking for us to send him the money is my guess.

Old May 24th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

TimGalisin88 wrote:
[...]

So how much money do you need and where would one send it if so inclined to
help you out?