Re- Stiffner for doilies

Old August 15th 03, 01:59 AM
Goaliemom

Default Re- Stiffner for doilies

I just wanted to say that this post brought back some memories for me. I
remember my mom having a very large stretcher board for her doilies. It
resembled a peg board but had doily shapes printed on it. Circles and
squares patterns for you to follow. She had a bag of special pegs for the
holes. She would wash the doilies and stretch them and put them in the sun.
I haven't seen that board in years!

Does anyone else remember a board like that?

Old August 15th 03, 02:45 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Goaliemom" wrote in message
I just wanted to say that this post brought back some memories for me. I
remember my mom having a very large stretcher board for her doilies. It
resembled a peg board but had doily shapes printed on it. Circles and
squares patterns for you to follow. She had a bag of special pegs for

the
holes. She would wash the doilies and stretch them and put them in the

sun.
I haven't seen that board in years!

Does anyone else remember a board like that?

My aunt had one. She did the most beautiful crochet, and always stretched
the doilies outside. Memories!
Katherine