OT - There is pain in my lungs!

Old August 14th 03, 09:01 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default OT - There is pain in my lungs!

Yes there is. They are hurting. And I must take super easy
now. Super easy. I hope my time to go is not yet...but if it
is...I can not deny it. I mean...death is on my heels
constantly because of this illness. One very bad one, the
kind I won't survive out of it, and that is all. I hate to
tell you this kind of things...but what else can I do?
Hiding this would be wrong. But let's hope I will recover
back to my normal self.
Best: Pirjo

Old August 15th 03, 02:36 AM
G.Kelly

Pirjo - that is what we are here for - to listen and comfort our friends .
I wish I could be near you but even at this distance I do offer all my
thoughts, prayers and a kind shoulder for you and an ear to listen to you
always . Keep cheerful and do take everything very easy for a time. God
Bless you Pirjo ---- Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 15th 03, 09:15 AM
Cher

Hi Pirjo, I am sending good healthy thoughts your way. Hoping you are
better soon.
Do your breathing excercises slowly and gently, do not do it too long if
it hurts too much. But gently from as far down the bottom of your lungs,
and out, I know this is a problem, but try, then the middle area and out,
and the top and out...twice a day, at least, plenty of fresh air, near as
possible to some trees.
They, like all plants, give out oxygen during the day so they are a good
plant to be near.

I don't know what your weather is like where you are, but if it is very dry
and hot put saucers of water around the room you spend most time in, and
also where you sleep, this will create some moisture.

You may need to take some steroids..ask your doctor, or you may have an
infection which is aggravating your asthma, and therefore need some
antibiotics, do not leave it, ring your doctor and get something done
about it, please.

I do not get asthma, but have worked with it long enough, so please see
someone. What do you normally take? Ventolin?

Keep intouch and let us know how you go on.

love....Cher
"Pirjo Ilvesvuori" wrote in message
I afraid so, Katherine. I afraid so. But do not hold your
breath there, you will faint otherwise. Just breath calmly
and let the needles and yarn show the way. I promise I take
it easy and keep you in touch and mind.
Best: Pirjo
Katherine Burgess kirjoitti
OH, dear, Pirjo, is this your asthma again? I hope you are

feeling better
soon.
Hugs,
Katherine

"Pirjo Ilvesvuori" wrote in

message
Yes there is. They are hurting. And I must take super

easy
now. Super easy. I hope my time to go is not yet...but

if it
is...I can not deny it. I mean...death is on my heels
constantly because of this illness. One very bad one,

the
kind I won't survive out of it, and that is all. I hate

tell you this kind of things...but what else can I do?
Hiding this would be wrong. But let's hope I will

recover
back to my normal self.
Best: Pirjo

---

Old August 15th 03, 10:15 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

All the heat should be easier on your lungs Pirjo !!
how are you ?
mirjam

Old August 15th 03, 05:32 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Hi Cher and others.

Just have a seat now and be calm. No jumping or screaming.
My condition is still bad one. I got a little better feeling
when I woke up, but when I had to look for a certain book
for certain student boy, my lungs started the protesting all
over again. Chest is hurting and I try to take it extra easy
now. Just sitting here at the computer and listening some
music. I promise I take it extra easy. Maybe I should pick
up some Oxis back into my life. I have not used it for a
while. Pulmicort, Oxis and Bricanyl are my current
medication.
Best: Pirjo
Cher kirjoitti
..
..

12/08/03

Old August 15th 03, 06:09 PM
Aud

Dear Pirjo! I am so sad to hear that your lungs hurt!
It is not much more to say to comfort you, than that all of us want
to help you through this bad attack! I really feel helpless!

Luckily we live in 2003, and there can be a little help in medicine..
(Can never forget my fathers friend with a bad astma, smoking astma
cigarettes!
They smelled like burning wool clothes, and how THEY could help him...???
...but that was in the fifties..!)
AUD

--

"Pirjo Ilvesvuori" skrev i melding
Not so good, Mum..not so good. Have seen better days. If I

Old August 15th 03, 06:14 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Oh Aud...I understand completely. I feel...well..not
helpless (yet), but a bit scary. All I can do at the moment
is hope the best. Still no work for me. I hope I will get
better before I get the invitation to interview. If I go
there in the condition like this they never hire me. My
lungs and their condition order my life rather much, and I
must obey them. It helps to know that you all are there for
me, just like I am here for you.
Best: Pirjo
Aud kirjoitti

Old August 15th 03, 06:58 PM
Claire

I hope you are feeling better soon, Pirjo. The old lady across the road was
hospitalized today, the hot weather and still air having made her asthma so
much worse that they took her to hospital. My elderly neighbour is suffering
too and I am keeping an eye on her. I love the hot weather myself but the
airlessness makes me feel breathless.

I have a photograph of my grandmother visiting my grandfather who was in a
sanatorium (after WW2) for tuberculosis- they are sitting on a garden bench
outside the ward, each with a fag in hand and smoke above their heads!

Claire

Old August 15th 03, 09:44 PM
Cher

Hi there Pirjo, no, you keep quiet and still, today, and tomorrow you may
be a little stronger. It takes time. I'm sure you'll be alright. If you
have your prescription(medicine) then you are doing the best you can. When
you feel ontop of it, you must excercise those lungs of yours....But today,
listen to peaceful music, and relax.....all the best....Cher

.

Old August 16th 03, 12:02 AM
Katherine Burgess

Pirjo,
I am not familiar with asthma medications any more, but when Alec was small,
he used Ventalin (I think that was the name!) I also found that steam helped
him. And of course, sitting quietly was the best. At least you can still
knit.
Take care,