My turn to look for fabric

Old May 31st 13, 11:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trish Brown

Default My turn to look for fabric

I've been trying for a while now to find some orange and black striped
stretch fabric. I'd prefer smaller stripes (say, 1/2" or smaller), but
at this point I'd be happy with anything! I only want a yard or so -
hoping to make onesies for two new babies in the family - but d'you
think anyone out there has anything remotely suitable for sale?

Please let me know if you're aware of a source! Of course, the vendor
would need to be willing to ship to Australia.

(The babies' Daddies play for the same footy team: Wallsend Maryland
Tigers. Hence the need for black and orange stripes.)
--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old May 31st 13, 11:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

"Trish Brown" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
eb.com...
I've been trying for a while now to find some orange and black striped
stretch fabric. I'd prefer smaller stripes (say, 1/2" or smaller), but at
this point I'd be happy with anything! I only want a yard or so - hoping
to make onesies for two new babies in the family - but d'you think anyone
out there has anything remotely suitable for sale?

Please let me know if you're aware of a source! Of course, the vendor
would need to be willing to ship to Australia.

(The babies' Daddies play for the same footy team: Wallsend Maryland
Tigers. Hence the need for black and orange stripes.)
--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Uh, did you consider buying a Tigers t-shirt and cutting it up? I can't
think of anything else. Or perhaps a second-hand one...

U.

Old May 31st 13, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Thefabricfairy.com has a black and orange baby stretch fabric on the second page of striped fabrics - cost $9.99 and international shipping available. Jennifer in Ottawa
Old May 31st 13, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Fri, 31 May 2013 20:31:28 +1000, Trish Brown wrote:

I've been trying for a while now to find some orange and black striped
stretch fabric. I'd prefer smaller stripes (say, 1/2" or smaller), but
at this point I'd be happy with anything! I only want a yard or so -
hoping to make onesies for two new babies in the family - but d'you
think anyone out there has anything remotely suitable for sale?

Please let me know if you're aware of a source! Of course, the vendor
would need to be willing to ship to Australia.

(The babies' Daddies play for the same footy team: Wallsend Maryland
Tigers. Hence the need for black and orange stripes.)

This place does ship internationally. The fabric is a cotton spandex
blend. It does not specify a ratio, but usually such blends are around
8-10 percent spandex.

Watch out for line wraps in the urls.

http://www.naturesfabrics.com/cotton...ey/orange-and-
black-stripes-on-cotton-spandex-jersey.html

This is "coral" and black zig zag stripes, and I don't know if that
suits, but they do ship internationally so I toss them to you anyways.

http://www.girlcharlee.com/black-che...cotton-jersey-
blend-knit-fabric/girl-charlee-p-6881.html?cPath=90_103

Now the first fabric is available from other vendors, but this place is
the least expensive that does international shipping. They appear to be
running short on it at this minute, which is why I mention this.

I perhaps presumptuously assumed that for baby clothes you would want
cotton or bamboo, jersey, rib knit, or interlock, so that is what I
looked for.

Good luck!

Barbara

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old June 1st 13, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trish Brown

Ursula Schrader wrote:

Uh, did you consider buying a Tigers t-shirt and cutting it up? I can't
think of anything else. Or perhaps a second-hand one...

U.

I did, but the stripes are too big and the shirts too expensive.

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old June 1st 13, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trish Brown

Thanks so much to everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the cost
of postage is going to make an overseas purchase ridiculous. I'll just
have to find something in Australia. Grumblegrumble...

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old June 1st 13, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Is there such a place as a 'Thrift Shop' available to you? Our daughters
have delightful success in finding gently used or never used clothing and
other Good Stuff at those. Mr. Esther must wear long-sleeved white dress
shirts for his lawn/pasture/grove projects and he is very well-dressed
because of my finds. Maybe some fellow has been gifted a striped shirt that
he's sneaked over into the donation bin. Polly

eb.com...

Old June 1st 13, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trish Brown

Polly Esther wrote:
Is there such a place as a 'Thrift Shop' available to you? Our
daughters have delightful success in finding gently used or never used
clothing and other Good Stuff at those. Mr. Esther must wear
long-sleeved white dress shirts for his lawn/pasture/grove projects and
he is very well-dressed because of my finds. Maybe some fellow has been
gifted a striped shirt that he's sneaked over into the donation bin. Polly

Hah! Of course there is! Thanks for that suggestion, Polly. As it
happens, we have lots of thrift shops locally, so surely I'll find
something.

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old June 1st 13, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

"Trish Brown" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
b.com...
Polly Esther wrote:
Is there such a place as a 'Thrift Shop' available to you? Our
daughters have delightful success in finding gently used or never used
clothing and other Good Stuff at those. Mr. Esther must wear
long-sleeved white dress shirts for his lawn/pasture/grove projects and
he is very well-dressed because of my finds. Maybe some fellow has been
gifted a striped shirt that he's sneaked over into the donation bin.
Polly

Hah! Of course there is! Thanks for that suggestion, Polly. As it happens,
we have lots of thrift shops locally, so surely I'll find something.

And if there isn't, perhaps you might interest some other quilters or sewing
moms to place an order with the Fabric Fairy, then you would be able to
share the shipping cost. I found myself sorely tempted when looking there, I
must admit. ;-)

U.

Old June 2nd 13, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

I just did a yahoo.au search for fabric shops in Australia and came up with hundreds of locales - perhaps one of those owners could put you in the right direction to find a source in your own country? Don't forget eBay or etsy stores also with Australian sites. Jennifer in Ottawa

My turn thistletoes Needlework 3 July 26th 07 10:16 PM
my turn to ask for help Stephanie Beads 0 October 7th 04 12:41 AM
My turn! LC aka Fiddy Beads 4 July 6th 04 07:29 PM
Turn $5 into $15,000 or more!!! James Carving 0 January 1st 04 08:53 PM
Turn $5 into $15,000 or more!!! James Beads 0 January 1st 04 05:49 PM