final finish of the year

Old January 1st 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Default final finish of the year

Not quilting but sewing project. Two big cedar filled fleece
dog beds. Names embroidered on each. DH asked if I was
going to teach them to read so the pups knew which bed
was for which. Well, Georgia smart enough to go right to
hers and lie on it. Sure she had a 50/50 chance of getting
it right but she is smart in addition to being a pretty thing.

Wishing all a happy new years eve and a happy, healthy
and prosperous year ahead. There have been so many here
that have really had a tough year. Some we know about and
some we don't. We hold you, as Polly would say, close to
our hearts.

Taria

Old January 1st 10, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Taria wrote:
Not quilting but sewing project. Two big cedar filled fleece
dog beds. Names embroidered on each. DH asked if I was
going to teach them to read so the pups knew which bed
was for which. Well, Georgia smart enough to go right to
hers and lie on it. Sure she had a 50/50 chance of getting
it right but she is smart in addition to being a pretty thing.

Wishing all a happy new years eve and a happy, healthy
and prosperous year ahead. There have been so many here
that have really had a tough year. Some we know about and
some we don't. We hold you, as Polly would say, close to
our hearts.

Taria

Sounds like the pups are all set for 2010, Taria. :-) Happy New Year
to you and yours!

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada
Old January 1st 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default final finish but on Saturday

Well, bless your heart, Taria. Often as not, I say something that I really
hope nobody will quote.
Today, our granddaughter/bride brought her exquisite gown over here for
us to press and deliver to the church.
I figured she and her bridesmaids needed a laugh so I met them at the
door wearing a really big Afro wig and asked if they thought the color
enhanced my complexion and was the perm too curly? Feelings have gotten so
sensitive and schedules so hectic that the moment need lifting. That did
it.
Mr. Esther and I have never been charged with pressing a bridal gown but
here in the country, we are all there is.
Not to worry. We have the credit cards sharpened and a full tank of
gas. If we screw up, we figure we can be a long distance away before they
know we're gone.
The wedding is Saturday. Please hold us close in your hearts and, if
you will, up in your prayers. GMOB Polly

Old January 1st 10, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_5_]

Polly,

We do all hold you close in our hearts, but will be sending extra good
thoughts your way on Saturday. I'm sure the wedding will be wonderful
and a good time will be had by all.

But it's nice to know you do have plenty of gas just in case you do
screw up. Just kidding, you have probably already done a wonderful job.

Judie

Old January 1st 10, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I just know everything will be fine. After all, you can applique!
(Kidding!)
Roberta in D

Old January 1st 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

We're on it Polly. There are a lot of us out there thinking of
that grand daughter of yours. Hopefully the day will be
splendid but more than that may she have many years of
happiness in her new married life.
My friend was told to get a steamer for her dd's wedding
dress. Must have worked they all looked unwrinkled and perfect.
Good luck to you all!
Hugs, Taria

Old January 1st 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Thinking happy, wonderful thoughts that the wedding day as perfect and
that you and Mr. Esther won't have to take to the road. :-)

Michelle in Nevada

Old January 1st 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Here comes the bride... final finish but on Saturday

Howdy!

Reckon you should take a break and watch a few episodes of Bridezilla:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...isodes&sea rc
h_type=&aq=1&oq=Bridez

Or Whose Wedding...
http://television.aol.com/show/whose...27759/episodes
... set the ironing board in front of the screen, multitask...

Should prepare you for anything. Could help to recite the mantra,
"At least we're not in Bridezilla Land. At least we're not...."

At the wedding, IF a problem should arise, you can calmly & w/ great
authority (due to your experience) say, "It'll all quilt out."

Good luck!
Happy New Year!

R/Sandy - whose husband used to do wedding photography: what a riot!

Old January 1st 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

DSis's zipper down the back of her wedding dress broke as she was
getting dressed. - Handy hint - have a needle and white thread handy so
you can sew her in if necessary. BTDT.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallyattheseaside/

"Taria" wrote in message
Not quilting but sewing project. Two big cedar filled fleece
dog beds. Names embroidered on each. DH asked if I was
going to teach them to read so the pups knew which bed
was for which. Well, Georgia smart enough to go right to
hers and lie on it. Sure she had a 50/50 chance of getting
it right but she is smart in addition to being a pretty thing.

Wishing all a happy new years eve and a happy, healthy
and prosperous year ahead. There have been so many here
that have really had a tough year. Some we know about and
some we don't. We hold you, as Polly would say, close to
our hearts.

Taria

2008 Wrap-up - What did you finish this year? lewmew Needlework 11 January 14th 09 01:35 PM
Absolutely the FINAL final call for RCTQ Postcard Swap! Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 16 February 23rd 06 05:25 PM
Yippee!! First finish of the New Year. Gill Murray Needlework 3 January 4th 06 06:50 PM
OT - Final Update Arondelle Beads 17 September 9th 05 04:38 PM
It's Final KDK Beads 2 August 8th 04 04:41 PM