Where to stay in London?

Old May 17th 13, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Monique in TX[_2_]

Default Where to stay in London?

Does anyone have any recommendations of a decent, simple, place to stay
in London that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? U.S. budget type hotels
are going for ca. $200 per night in July.

Thanks,
Monique
Old May 17th 13, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Den 17-05-2013 21:08, Monique in TX skrev:
Does anyone have any recommendations of a decent, simple, place to stay
in London that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? U.S. budget type hotels
are going for ca. $200 per night in July.

Thanks,
Monique

Well, in the city, $200 is not _too_ bad (remember, the USD is pretty
weak against the UKP at the moment, which doesn't help you).

I'd suggest looking a bit further out, as long as there are good
transport links. Try Travelodge http://www.travelodge.co.uk

You could look at Stratford London (close to Olympic sites), and with
good transport links in several directions. It is not in the city, and
you'll have a bit of a trek if you fly into Heathrow or Gatwick (but,
ask, we can get you there with minimal stairs - I used to do this
all.the.time). But prices are closer to $100 than $200. So depending on
what experience you want, that might work for you?

Hanne in DK
(Used to be two underground stations out from Stratford :-) )
Old May 17th 13, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

"Monique in TX" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Does anyone have any recommendations of a decent, simple, place to stay in
London that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? U.S. budget type hotels are
going for ca. $200 per night in July.

Thanks,
Monique

Sent you a private mail...

U.

Old June 3rd 13, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Friday, 17 May 2013 20:08:01 UTC+1, Monique in TX wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations of a decent, simple, place to stay

in London that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? U.S. budget type hotels

are going for ca. $200 per night in July.

Thanks,

Monique

Look out for the Premier Inns, good value for money

http://www.premierinn.com/en/london-hotels.html?cmp=KNC_D_BND&mckv=sgjb5KZvD_dc|pcrid| 29349007899|kword|%2Btravel%20%2Binn|match|b|plid|

Irene uk
Old June 4th 13, 10:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

and Travelodge too. We always stay at a Travelodge when we go to DS
across the country (their house is full of baby/teenagers) and they have
some really good offers though these come and go. I think Premier do the
same thing.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

stay or go? Sandra Rose Yarn 0 December 14th 05 02:25 AM
stay or go? Richard Eney Yarn 1 December 13th 05 03:47 PM
stay or go? Els van Dam Yarn 0 December 13th 05 03:50 AM
stay or go? Kristine Yarn 0 December 13th 05 02:57 AM
stay or go? jthell Yarn 0 December 13th 05 02:32 AM