Christmas Present for Me

Old December 13th 03, 06:31 PM
Janet Walker

Default Christmas Present for Me

I just have to share! I bought myself (I just love buying myself a
Christmas present - that way I get what I want) a wooden floss holder. It
is just exquisite. It's as lovely as Fred's Stitch Away frames if ya'll are
familiar with them. It's from a company called Patches N Planks. This
particular item isn't on their web site yet but the address is
www.patchesnplanks.com. When I ordered it, they told me I wouldn't receive
it until January as they were booked up for Christmas.

Since it was a gift for myself, I said that was fine with me. I was
trillled to receive it yesterday. It has 9 drawers just wide enough for my
Floss-Away bags. I've been wanting one for several years and asked Jim
McNamara about making one for me before he quit his woodworking business.
But that didn't pan out.

It was expensive, but SO worth it to me. Just thought I'd share. I found
out about this company through the magazine (Stitcher's World). We have
used several of their items for projects. I was very impressed with the
quality of all the items we have used. (We are always looking for ways to
finish projects besides framing.)

A Very Happy Janet!!

Old December 13th 03, 07:52 PM
Jenn Liace

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:31:39 GMT, "Janet Walker"
wrote:

I bought myself (I just love buying myself a
Christmas present - that way I get what I want) a wooden floss
holder. snip. This
particular item isn't on their web site yet but the address is
www.patchesnplanks.com.

wellnow that's no fair!!! Enabling without pictures!!! LOL

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Gertie the Witch (Faithwurks Seasonal Spoolie - October)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old December 13th 03, 08:07 PM
Lula

How wonderful to treat yourself to such a lovely Christmas gift!
I use Floss-away bags too and that's nice your cabinet can store these
packs so neatly.
From you post, you're going to enjoy using your new cabinet for a lot of
happy stitching projects!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Old December 19th 03, 02:06 AM
Fred

Hi Janet,

After looking at their web site I would say you got a bargain.

*Any* hand crafted *all wood* product appears very expensive these days when
compared to particle board veneer junk but the *all wood* product lasts much
longer and is usually worth the extra $$. As Jim can attest to, one has to
have a production run of at least a dozen of one item in order to meet costs
and buy a bag of dog food. Not being able to line up a dozen customers at a
time is why I don't make floss cabinets. I have done the onesie, twosie
route resulting in chicken one day feathers the next routine and learned.

The cherry wood bobbin lace floor stands at $650 a pop were nice to make
(see http://www.stitchaway.com) but there were too few connoisseurs of
cherry wood furniture to make them worth while. All my fabric mounts, foot
stools and bobbin lace floor stands are now made from American Red Oak which
allows me to buy oak in large quantities at a half decent price and still
produce a quality product.

Trusting you will enjoy your cabinet and Merry Christmas!

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"

.net...

Old December 24th 03, 12:34 AM
Fred