Current Projects

Old August 8th 13, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Current Projects

Oh Bronnie, what a fantastic quilt.
You would know how much I would admire it!
I had a quick look at the rest of the page, to remind myself of some of
my favourites. The variety of your work is amazing. I couldn't say
which style is most appealing to me - wish you lived next door g
..
In article ,
says...

On Friday, August 2, 2013 12:23:56 AM UTC+10, Marcella Peek wrote:
Right now I'm working on little basket blocks. The pattern is he

http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/feathered-...2Cakestand.pdf

The challenge on the Temecula Quilts Blog was to make one block a day

for the month of July. I started late so I'm a few blocks behind, but

I'll get there.

In August they are going to post a pattern to make something out of

those little blocks.

I can't imagine what it will be to use 31 blocks - that seems a strange

number.

What are you working on?

marcella

G'day Marcella and everyone.
I must apologise for not posting much on RCTQ of late, but those that know me, know I only finish a couple of quilts per year.
I have just this week finished the attached link quilt, but mentioned on RCTQ some time ago that I was struggling with a Drunkard's Path pattern from attending a workshop last year. A lot of blocks were impossible to size up and have the quarter circles match. I put it away for a few months, then worked out a design with sashing that almost made a feature of mismatched quarters. I then had to order more fabric for my idea.
My freemotion quilting on my Janome Horizon is slowly improving. Mid-project I changed to titanium needles and a Superior Thread Stand, the difference was astonishing.
The workshop tutor for learning the technique of insetting quarter circles was Kerry Glen of Tulis Textiles, New Zealand.
Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/bronfer...42589667530754
The next photo to this, shows the quilt on the wall. Looks quite dramatic!

Best regards to you all,
Bronnie
Qld Australia

Old August 8th 13, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On Friday, August 2, 2013 12:23:56 AM UTC+10, Marcella Peek wrote:
Right now I'm working on little basket blocks. The pattern is he

http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/feathered-...2Cakestand.pdf

The challenge on the Temecula Quilts Blog was to make one block a day

for the month of July. I started late so I'm a few blocks behind, but

I'll get there.

In August they are going to post a pattern to make something out of

those little blocks.

I can't imagine what it will be to use 31 blocks - that seems a strange

number.

What are you working on?

marcella

Thanks Pat! Lovely to 'chat'. It did take a long time to resolve the design issues of this quilt. My dear neighbour who is a quilter at guild reminded me yesterday that I was sick the second day of the workshop - I had forgotten that. It was probably that day we were schooled on sizing the blocks up correctly!
Fond regards
Bronnie
Old August 8th 13, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On Friday, August 2, 2013 12:23:56 AM UTC+10, Marcella Peek wrote:
Right now I'm working on little basket blocks. The pattern is he

http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/feathered-...2Cakestand.pdf

The challenge on the Temecula Quilts Blog was to make one block a day

for the month of July. I started late so I'm a few blocks behind, but

I'll get there.

In August they are going to post a pattern to make something out of

those little blocks.

I can't imagine what it will be to use 31 blocks - that seems a strange

number.

What are you working on?

marcella

I forgot to mention the fabric maker for my quilt for those interested. I used only their range with the graduated color across the bolt.
It is DAIWABO Selection for E.E. Schenck Co.

Bronnie