I need inspiration, please.

Old June 11th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

Default I need inspiration, please.

Hi,

I need/want to make a baby quilt for a newborn little girl. She is the
daughter of my SIL's sister. I would like something fast and easy using
these fabrics:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...63763627CMdsVB

I don't need to use all of the FQs. I'm not sure what the colors will
look like to you but most are soft pinks, soft lavenders and one pale
green with the pink and lavender in it. The FQ in the center is not
really as watermelon colored as it looks. Any ideas?

The fast and easy is a requirement because I am also working on a HUG
for a co-worker, quilts for this little girl's twin cousins, as well as
working full time. All of these quilts need to be done by July 5th.
The HUG needs to be done sooner, probably by this time next week.

What am I thinking?????

Thanks!
Rita L.
Old June 11th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

what beautiful fabrics! Cut the creamy floral into squares, say 12 or
16 - 6 inch squares. Then, strip piecing, sash each square with the
medium value FQ's, say using a 2 inch sashing. Assemble all the
squares and then build a couple borders, one definitely needs to be
the bright fuschia.

Musicmaker
Old June 11th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I did one in a sort of Yellow Brick Road/Wickedly Easy type design.
Think I reduced it to about 8" blocks. It went together like a dream.

Unfortunately I used a pink as the border and it made the whole quilts
look.........very pink! Still, the baby seemed to like it.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old June 11th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

I know, everybody says this but, "THIS GROUP IS THE GREATEST!" Jo in
Scotland sent some ideas privately. The YBR idea certainly meets the
fast and easy requirement. While I was out doing errands just now, I
began to think about chopping the FQs into squares and doing a Trip
Around the World like design BUT I think that Musicmaker's idea is the
one I like best - unless somebody comes up with a better one. It will
be tough :-)

Rita L.

Old June 11th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default inspiration, please, beyond sloth

Our all time fast and easy is www.quiltmaker.com and look for Warm Wishes in
the free patterns. Not sure how that would work with FQs but yours are just
breath-taking, they're so sweet.
I was feeling mindless and just put together a crib quilt that is beyond
fast and easy, I think we'd have to call it down right sloth. Here's what I
did.
I cut squares ( 4½" but any size would do). I stitched them into rows;
about 10 per row. I was about to simply put the rows together in a sort of
checkerboard manner and got really lazy. I cut some squares in half and
added one to just one end of each row.
The first row has a rectangle at the beginning of the row.
The 2nd row has a rectangle at the end of the row . . . and so on down
the quilt alternating that 'half of a square'.
Adding that half of a square kept me from having to match all those
seams across the way. All I had to do was keep the start and finish even.
Voila and Viola. Now that was really fast. Actually, I'm kind of
embarrassed about how fast it went but it is really, really pretty. Polly

Old June 11th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

Hmmm... that has possibilities too. No seams to match! This one goes
on the short list with Musicmaker's suggestion.

I did consider Warm Wishes. I used it to make a HUG for a cousin who
was very ill and has since passed away. (Pictures in the Jane's Quilt
album on WebShots) It is very fast and easy but I didn't think it would
work well with the selected fabrics. Being somewhat lazier than you
are, I don't want to go through fabric selection again for this one :-)

Rita L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/ggollymm

Old June 11th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Rita:
You need a creamy tone on tone to serve as background ... pull the cream
from that nice large piece. Make single (simple) pinwheel blocks with the
various bright prints, each with the cream background. Then use that large
piece as a narrow border. HTH.

--
Pat

Old June 11th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

Ooohhh! I can do that, yes I can. I love pinwheels. O.K. My short
list is getting longer. I think I might just have to put these ideas in
a hat and just pull one out.

Thanks Pat!!

Old June 11th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Simple 4-patch blocks, w/ that floral fabric in each block;
3 1/2" squares in each block will make this go together quickly;
line them up, surround them (border) or bind the top w/ a darker green;
Finished!

R/Sandy

need inspiration Taria Quilting 38 January 10th 07 07:29 PM
Some Inspiration [email protected] Beads 7 July 18th 06 06:10 PM
Where do you look for inspiration? Morag in Oxford Quilting 24 April 18th 06 02:31 AM
Looking for inspiration [email protected] Jewelry 3 October 31st 05 07:13 AM
inspiration JoAnn Paules Beads 3 September 14th 04 03:26 PM