OT Sharon Harper

Old March 16th 05, 04:37 AM
Pauline O'Connell

Default OT Sharon Harper

Has anyone heard anything from Sharon? I know she's got a lot going on
right now with her dad. I haven't seen her post in awhile & hope everything
is okay.

Pauline

Old March 16th 05, 05:04 AM
maryd

She posted last week that she was going to be gone for a few days.

--
Mary
"Pauline O'Connell" wrote in message
om...
: Has anyone heard anything from Sharon? I know she's got a lot going on
: right now with her dad. I haven't seen her post in awhile & hope
everything
: is okay.
:
: Pauline
:
:

Old March 16th 05, 05:19 AM
Bronnie

she' s gone to Sydney to see her folks. Should be back in a day or twol

Bronnie

Old March 16th 05, 06:23 AM
Dee in Oz

Victoria had a holiday on Monday so she probably had a 'long weekend'

Dee in Oz

Old March 16th 05, 08:27 AM
KJ

What a cool group! To think we know when someone is going to be gone
visiting family is just a hoot! Who was supposed to bring in her mail and
newspapers?? And who is going to feed the pets and water the plants??

Old March 16th 05, 09:26 AM
Sharon Harper

Yes, I'm here. I posted a reply to Polly's checkin on Aussies post but
here's a brief rundown again. We got up to Sydney about 12am Saturday
morning and managed to spend all day Saturday with Dad before he went into
hospital again. It's like a never ending cycle. As at today, the hospital
had removed his drip (yesterday) and were waiting for the symptoms to
reassert themselves. All going well he is to have an x-ray at Royal Prince
Alfred (big city hospital not the little country one he is in now) on
Tuesday and then about 10 days later the ileostomy should be reversed. He
seems in quite good spirits, just his body letting him down.

But as you know it never rains but pours. Believe my uncle (who lost his
mum - my nanna, earlier this year) is drinking himself to death, or at least
liver failure. He finishes between 5-10 beers a day, and is not eating
overly healthy. He *seems* to be coping well but who can really tell from a
half day visit? He has turned my nanna's bedroom into almost a shrine and
as much as I miss her, I know she is gone and we need to move on, but he
can't. It's sad to see.

Also we were about halfway home and were stopped at some traffic lights when
a bozo hit us from the rear. Car is driveable but very sad. Going in to be
repaired tomorrow so guess you could say, thank heaven's DH will be away for
two weeks! He won't be needing his car. LOL. Really at least all of us
are okay and that's all that counts. Yup.

And what a surprise to have people checkin' up on me. I just adore my cyber
family. Thanks for keeping me going. I love you all.

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

Old March 16th 05, 09:53 AM
Barbara Raper

Glad to hear you got home OK. Sorry about your car. Sure hope your dad
will be feeling OK.
Barbara in FL

Old March 16th 05, 11:11 AM
Dee in Oz

Good to hear that your father isn't any worse Sharon, thats a bonus. I
think of him every time I got an update on my favourite uncle who
became ill about the same time as your father. Uncle Clive has been
transfered to a major city hospital suffering from liver cancer and
pneumonia and is only expected to live days at the most. At the moment
he is doped up on morphine. He lives in the town that "Mcleods
Daughters' is filmed in.

Great niece was due for her operation today for the removal of the cyst
that was pushing up on her stomach. It was hoped that it could be done
when she was 6 months old, but she is only 8.5 weeks now.

Dee in Oz

Old March 16th 05, 01:40 PM
Pat in Virginia

Not sure Kathyl, but I can assure you that I did
my part .... I did the stash raid!
PAT, singing "Small World!" in VA/USA

KJ wrote:

What a cool group! To think we know when someone is going to be gone
visiting family is just a hoot! Who was supposed to bring in her mail and
newspapers?? And who is going to feed the pets and water the plants??

ATTN Sharon Harper re fabric to AU. Nocturnal Quilting 7 September 14th 04 03:07 AM
Attn Sharon Harper Bronwyn Ferrier Ms Quilting 1 July 21st 04 12:10 AM
Sharon Bateman book (was To Kathy N-V) Carlinda Beads 3 July 8th 04 06:14 PM
Att Sharon Harper OT nana2b Quilting 4 June 3rd 04 08:31 PM
HB Sharon from Melbourne D & D Quilting 30 May 9th 04 12:11 AM