Happy Dancin'

Old December 23rd 04, 06:54 PM
Louise

Default Happy Dancin'

I finished a wallhanging I started several (can't remember how many) years
ago. It's a stained glass tulip pattern -- hand appliqued and quilted, and
thankfully I chose colors back then that will go in my house today! I have
it hanging in the entry, and it's positioned so I can see it from my
favorite chair.

I have two more than I'm committed to working on during this time off from
work -- one is from AliceW's siggie swap, and the other is a Christmas
wallhanging from about two years ago. I had to do some unsewing on that one
last night and DH and I went out this morning to buy some more gold bias
binding, and now I'm ready to settle in at the machine.

Finished feels good!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old December 23rd 04, 08:36 PM
Patti

Well done Louise!
Fancy, all that and Christmas too!!
(I'm sewing as well g)
..
In article ZvEyd.5334$k25.1226@attbi_s53, Louise
writes
I finished a wallhanging I started several (can't remember how many) years
ago. It's a stained glass tulip pattern -- hand appliqued and quilted, and
thankfully I chose colors back then that will go in my house today! I have
it hanging in the entry, and it's positioned so I can see it from my
favorite chair.

I have two more than I'm committed to working on during this time off from
work -- one is from AliceW's siggie swap, and the other is a Christmas
wallhanging from about two years ago. I had to do some unsewing on that one
last night and DH and I went out this morning to buy some more gold bias
binding, and now I'm ready to settle in at the machine.

Finished feels good!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 23rd 04, 09:44 PM
Firefly

It does look amazing! So does your Rose Sampler Quilt. I am actually
trying to design something similar for my DD. I think I have the
dimensions figured out for the pillow placement, but as you have a
finished one, could I ask you what measurements you used for the
width, height, and the pillow squares? If you want me to ask again
after the New Year, just say so. I know how busy everything is
right now. Congratulations! And Merry Christmas!

--
Firefly
**

Old December 23rd 04, 09:47 PM
Louise

I'm looking at sewing time as a gift to myself this Christmas. It's been
wonderful to have so much time to myself and not feel like I "should" be
doing something else.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

.

Old December 23rd 04, 10:25 PM
Louise

The quilt is approximately 111 inches wide and 114 inches long (after
quilting, it's more like 106x109). That allowed for a 14" drop all the way
around and a 15" tuck under the pillows. The pillow squares are two
different sizes: the two outer ones are 15x15, and the two middle ones are
14x15. I was trying really hard to make sure the outside sashing fell right
at the edge of the mattress, and it just wasn't going to work with those two
extra inches! The sashing is 5" wide, and there is a row of sashing at the
top of the pillow blocks, so the total depth of the part covering the
pillows is 20". That would be about the minimum I'd go for.

I'm glad you liked it, and if you have any other questions, let me know.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old December 24th 04, 12:11 PM
Queen of Squishies

It's beautiful, Louise, congratulations. Dancing in the moonlight for ya!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old December 24th 04, 03:11 PM
Sandy Foster

"Louise" wrote:

I finished a wallhanging I started several (can't remember how many) years
ago. It's a stained glass tulip pattern -- hand appliqued and quilted, and
thankfully I chose colors back then that will go in my house today! I have
it hanging in the entry, and it's positioned so I can see it from my
favorite chair.

I have two more than I'm committed to working on during this time off from
work -- one is from AliceW's siggie swap, and the other is a Christmas
wallhanging from about two years ago. I had to do some unsewing on that one
last night and DH and I went out this morning to buy some more gold bias
binding, and now I'm ready to settle in at the machine.

Finished feels good!

Woohoo! Good for you, Louise!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old December 24th 04, 05:00 PM
sdgodfrey

Congratulations Louise! It's wonderful. I love stained glass quilts.
You'll really enjoy looking at it while you relax in your favorite
chair. I have a cross-stitched picture hanging across from my favorite
chair. It's just nice to look up and see it there.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old December 24th 04, 05:33 PM
Butterfly

Piggybacking he
Louise, that stained glass tulip is gorgeous but I still get dibs on the
Rose Sampler Quilt ; )
Merry Christmas
Butterfly