How to craft new balls for me ?

Old February 1st 04, 04:07 AM
Karl Reitlos

Default How to craft new balls for me ?

My old ones fell off and were eaten by ball-eating scorpions.

Now I need new ones.How to craft them ?
Old February 1st 04, 02:00 PM
wayneinkeywest

"Karl Reitlos" wrote in message
om...
My old ones fell off and were eaten by ball-eating scorpions.

Now I need new ones.How to craft them ?

Assuming this is NOT a joke (which it must be, since
scorpions eat only insects) one could slightly inflate
balloons to the appropriate size, then cover in slip.
Glaze and fire as normal.
Attaching them is going to be the fun part.
Might I recommend a good size staplegun?
Wayne Seidl
who doesn't EVEN want to conjure up the image

Old February 1st 04, 06:40 PM
Spunky the Tuna

"wayneinkeywest" wrote:

"Karl Reitlos" wrote:
My old ones fell off and were eaten by ball-eating scorpions.

Now I need new ones.How to craft them ?

Assuming this is NOT a joke (which it must be, since
scorpions eat only insects) one could slightly inflate
balloons to the appropriate size, then cover in slip.
Glaze and fire as normal.
Attaching them is going to be the fun part.
Might I recommend a good size staplegun?
Wayne Seidl
who doesn't EVEN want to conjure up the image

Superglue. It's the only way.
--
Spunky the Tuna
who honest to god just won an online auction for a kangaroo scrotum
Old February 3rd 04, 06:12 PM
D Kat

I would think you would want to take a wad of clay of the appropriate size,
roll it in your hands until it has taken a nice round shape. Make as many
of these as you think you might want (having extras around never hurts and
some of us need more balls than others), let them dry out completely and
then bisque fire. These will of course shrink in size with drying and
firing but since you will want to put them in sacks you want them to be
smaller than the final product. Deciding on the covering material will be
up to you. You could have someone knit you some rather furry bags or you
might consider vinyl or leather. I'm not sure which would hold up better or
if you want to be able to remove them during showering or other
activities.... It would certainly save you the cost of cups during those
American sports where they require such things (I believe the Brits and
others don't use protection in their football - or is that rugby?). Good
luck and let us all know how it works out!!

DKat

Old February 4th 04, 01:47 PM
Bob Masta

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:12:16 -0500, "D Kat"
wrote:

[...]

. com...
My old ones fell off and were eaten by ball-eating scorpions.

Now I need new ones.How to craft them ?

Back in my days as a Bioengineering student, I heard a great lecture
by a fellow named Silas Brayley (sp?) from Dow Chemical (or was it
Dow Corning? Never could keep 'em straight!) His topic was Dow's
biomedical silicone products, including breast implants and testicles.
(He even passed around samples... very strange experience!)
The testicles were to replace those lost due to cancer, etc, and
they only came in a couple of sizes. He related the story of one
old geezer who complained that his new one didn't match the
size of his natural one. The doctor explained about the limited
sizes and concluded by noting that the slight difference was
"hardly the sort of thing that your friends are going to notice".
Whereupon the geezer replied "Well MY friends do!".

Bob Masta
dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom

D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com

Old February 6th 04, 03:34 PM
Lindsay MacArthur

(I believe the Brits and
others don't use protection in their football - or is that rugby?)

Rugby players AROUND THE WORLD (with the exception of the sissy
French) DO NOT wear pads......even on their heavy days.....

Just standing up for my boys.

As for other sports.....mainly our gridiron players are the uber wimps
with 50 lbs of padding per square inch

NOTE: No insult meant to the French but their ruggers are the
exception to a very hardcore tradition in rugby.

Now back to pottery....

LMac