Woven gold or mesh sources?

Old December 16th 04, 01:52 AM

Default Woven gold or mesh sources?

I've been looking for a source of either gold mesh or woven gold, for a
base for a jewelry piece. Can't find anything in Rio Grande or online
via search engines (just very fine mesh for chem. filters). Do you
guys know of any place that makes mesh, weave or screen out of gold?
I need an open mesh of about 4 wires per inch in pieces about half the
size of my hand. 12K, 14K or 18K.

C.C.

Old December 17th 04, 06:19 AM

I did try making a jig of nails (used copper for my prototype wire) but
the kinks from pulling the cross-wires through looked bad. Also tried
knitting the wire and even hand-making small chainlink fencing. It's
interesting trying to work so small, for a change. I'll find the
textile/metals book. And hadn't thought about casting -- thanks for
all your advice!
Carol
http://www.carolcohen.com

Old December 17th 04, 09:40 AM
Sarit Wolfus

I also agree that a density of 4 wires/inch can be easily achieved at
your workbench. I bought from one of my suppliers a "decorative gold
plate" which is kind of a gold wire mesh. You may cut and use it in any
size.
take a look at:
http://pasternakfindings.com/indexdz...4&sname=Sheets
Sarit.

Sarit Wolfus - Silver, Gold & Gemstones, Handcrafted jewelry
http://sarit-jewlry.com