Elna Stella

Old February 25th 11, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Default Elna Stella

I went into the local sewing center for a spool of thread this morning.
While there, I wandered over to the used machines, and, lo and behold,
there was a sweet little Elna Stella. I have been wanting an Elna Lotus,
but after I saw Stella I really want her. She's in mint condition. The
little tool "box" on top still has the seam ripper and the needle
threader. The original manual is there. They gave me some goofy
synthetic thread thread to use on top; bobbin had cotton thread, so
tension seemed kind of wacky. Price seemed high, but when I got home, I
checked e-bay & online, so it definitely seems reasonable in comparison.
The owner is gone next week; maybe next week I'll go in with my own
thread and fabric and talk to the owner. It does look like a real
sweetie. Of course, I don't need another sewing machine and I don't have
a lot of room to store it but still....

Julia in MN
--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

Old February 25th 11, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Julia, I don't know diddly about the Elna Stella but I do have an Elna
serger and hope that she never has to be replaced. Elna really knows how to
make fine machines. Polly

"Julia in MN" wrote While there, I wandered over to the used machines,

Old February 25th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

I'm on my third Elna sewing machine over the last 45 years -- and have
loved them all. Funny you should say that about your Elna serger. The
Elna serger was the only Elna I've had bad luck with. I used it a lot
when I first had it (in the early 80's), but finally traded it in on a
Babylock a couple years ago. For some reason, it was easy for the Elna's
timing to go bad and it would end up in the shop almost every time I
used it.

Julia in MN

Old February 25th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 25/02/2011 02:36, Julia in MN wrote:
[...]

I have an Elna Lotus Stella Air Electronic, and I love it. It's my
'grab and go' machine for traveling.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 28th 11, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:36:59 -0600, Julia in MN
wrote:

la I really want her. She's in mint condition. The
little tool "box" on top still has the seam ripper and the needle
threader. The original manual is there. They gave me some goofy
synthetic thread thread to use on top; bobbin had cotton thread, so
tension seemed kind of wacky. Price seemed high, but when I got home, I
checked e-bay & online, so it definitely seems reasonable in comparison.
The owner is gone next week; maybe next week I'll go in with my own
thread and fabric and talk to the owner. It does look like a real
sweetie. Of course, I don't need another sewing machine and I don't have
a lot of room to store it but still....

Julie, the Stella is small so it won't take up too much space I
have an Elna Elna Stella and I just LOVE it. They are very well made
machines which hold their value, and which accounts for the prices on
them. Enjoy and congratulations!

-Irene
Old February 28th 11, 12:44 PM
bnerobi13 bnerobi13 is offline
Junior Member

Help!! Ok in like 3 shows like when there in a panic or somethin they always say "Stella.

An old Elna ~Ann~ Quilting 8 November 20th 10 09:00 PM
Elna Lotus julie[_2_] Quilting 18 July 9th 09 03:21 PM
Who has an Elna 3007? MicrontheCat Quilting 0 April 25th 07 05:37 PM
Att'n: Nora AND Stella~Squares for Stella's 'project' SENT Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 4 April 23rd 05 06:55 PM
Anybody have an Elna? Suequiltmail Quilting 8 February 20th 04 11:57 PM