New auction place with lampwork categories!

Old December 16th 04, 05:45 PM
Kandice Seeber

Default New auction place with lampwork categories!

This was posted on WC earlier today - I think it may have potential once the
word gets around. This auction place is being run by a marble maker, and
has two seperate categories for lampwork beads:

http://www.bid2winit.com

The categories a

Categories Glass Beads Artisan Made Lampwork Beads

and

Categories Glass Beads Imported Mass Produced Beads

I think once the word gets around, this might be a nice place to go for
lampworkers who don't wish to be in the same section as the mass produced
stuff. And ebay alternative if you will.
They apparently have similar features as ebay, and they are giving a $20.00
credit for new sellers. They also give $10.00 credits for new referrals
(yep, you guessed it - if you sign up and use my username kseeber, I get
some credit).

I am not sure when I will start listing stuff there - probably after the
first of the year as an experiment. But I do think that since this is being
run by a marble maker, lots of people in the glass community might end up
there.

Anyway - just a heads up and a shameless plea for referrals.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old December 16th 04, 06:58 PM
Lori Greenberg

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
I think once the word gets around, this might be a nice place to go for
lampworkers who don't wish to be in the same section as the mass produced
stuff. And ebay alternative if you will.

Remember, www.justbeads.com is an eBay alternative for lampworkers too, that
already has a customer base!

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

justbeads:
http://snipurl.com/axek

Old December 16th 04, 07:23 PM
Christina Peterson

You read my mind, Lori. I was just wondering what advantage there would be
to listing there instead of at JustBeads

Tina

k.net...

Old December 16th 04, 09:25 PM
Kandice Seeber

Justbeads doesn't sit well for me. It also doesn't really have separate
categories for self-representing artists and imported lampwork. Since we
had been talking about categories for self-representing artists earlier, I
thought this might be a viable alternative. Ebay doesn't seem to want to
honor our multiple requests to fix the categories there.
I have never had good luck with Justbeads, and I don't really care for their
format much. But that's just me. I'd like a chance to start fresh with a
new auction site that is run by lampworkers.
This doesn't mean I will stop doing ebay, or even that I plan on listing a
whole lot at this new place. Just that it is a suggestion for a new
alternative to what's already here.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old December 16th 04, 10:28 PM
Su/Cutworks

Kandice wrote:

Justbeads doesn't sit well for me. It also doesn't really have separate
categories for self-representing artists and imported lampwork. Since we
had been talking about categories for self-representing artists earlier, I
thought this might be a viable alternative. Ebay doesn't seem to want to
honor our multiple requests to fix the categories there.

That's a problem we face on eBay, and I wonder constantly what the ethics of
our listing in the US section rather than Other are. We're not an Other,
but we're not Czech, and we don't produce beads in the US but the Other
category is heaving with tons of Chinese lampwork. We really feel we're
being buried under tons of junk beads and unless we pay a premium price for
a featured listing we disappear. *sigh*

I notice eBay is changing the categories for a large number of their Jewelry
sections but Lampwork is just sitting and filling up with crap.

I have never had good luck with Justbeads, and I don't really care for

their
format much. But that's just me. I'd like a chance to start fresh with a
new auction site that is run by lampworkers.

I notice there are still no listings.

This doesn't mean I will stop doing ebay, or even that I plan on listing a
whole lot at this new place. Just that it is a suggestion for a new
alternative to what's already here.

The problem is getting buyers there. How will they do that?

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

Old December 16th 04, 10:33 PM
Lori Greenberg

Kandice Seeber" wrote in message

Justbeads doesn't sit well for me. It also doesn't really have separate
categories for self-representing artists and imported lampwork. Since we
had been talking about categories for self-representing artists earlier, I
thought this might be a viable alternative.

They have a "Global Lampwork" category and it looks to catch the imported
stuff. The regular lampwork category is under "Artist's Beads"

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

justbeads:
http://snipurl.com/axek

Old December 17th 04, 12:41 AM
Kandice Seeber

I'm not sure, Su - it's a new site, and I am hoping that they figure out the
advertising thing very soon.
There's a thread about it over on WC if you want to see what they are
talking about:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236735
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old December 17th 04, 12:45 AM
Kandice Seeber

Unfortunately Global Lampwork is kind of confusing for people who are
artists living in other countries besides the US. Global in relation to
who? I do understand that Justbeads has a category for artists beads, but I
honestly have never had much luck with it.

Anyway - just an option - nothing more.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
nk.net...

Old December 24th 04, 05:39 AM
Kalera Stratton

Kandice Seeber wrote:
[...]

I'm all over it, hun... I'll go sign up right now.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old January 2nd 05, 08:02 AM
Kandice Seeber

Cool, Kalera! I'm going to do more looking into this in the coming
weeks.
Might be a good chance for some good deals on beads!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs