Crib Sleeper

Old June 21st 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Crib Sleeper

Good morning,

I'm taking a couple days break from my modelstitching (eyes can only take so
much) and in the mood for knitting baby things (not having any - just for
local
hospitals) ..came across this interesting item in an old booklet from
American Thread Company dated 1947.. All kinds of jackets, soakers, etc..
including a crib sleeper..It looks like a blanket with a jacket attached
backwards
with ties so that you can tie the baby into the crib and he/she doesn't turn
over.
Any one ever heard of such a thing?

Donna in S. Indiana

Old June 21st 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Donna
McIntosh" wrote:

Good morning,

I'm taking a couple days break from my modelstitching (eyes can only take so
much) and in the mood for knitting baby things (not having any - just for
local
hospitals) ..came across this interesting item in an old booklet from
American Thread Company dated 1947.. All kinds of jackets, soakers, etc..
including a crib sleeper..It looks like a blanket with a jacket attached
backwards
with ties so that you can tie the baby into the crib and he/she doesn't turn
over.
Any one ever heard of such a thing?

Donna in S. Indiana

Yes Donna, I have. I did not use a sophisticated one like you discribe.
My kids all had a little harness on once the were old enough to roll over,
and for the first half an hour we clipped them into it. Once they were
asleep we undid it. Kids sometimes, are restless and do not want to go to
sleep. Stand up in their crib and defy sleepiness....LOL This kind of
device keeps them down long enough so they fall asleep. At that time we
had not heard of crib death, but I am sure that may be the main reason
they make the ones you are talking about.

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 22nd 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I wonder if I could make something to tie a couple of teenagers into
THIER beds... :-) Would have to use something kind of strong and thick
that they couldn't gnaw through... My house was egged last night so I
am quite annoyed with children today. Wish I had stuck with dogs...

Old June 22nd 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On 22 Jun 2006 10:43:33 -0700, lanfear32 spun a fine yarn

I wonder if I could make something to tie a couple of teenagers into
THIER beds... :-) Would have to use something kind of strong and thick
that they couldn't gnaw through... My house was egged last night so I
am quite annoyed with children today. Wish I had stuck with dogs...

They should be frozen in suspended animation at age 12, and not thawed
till they're 20, LOL!
running and ducking..
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-6, 06/22/2006
Tested: 6/22/2006 1:04:29 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old June 22nd 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I would have to agree with you Noreen. I have 3 teenage girls. Only
one of them is tolerable. I also have a 9 year old boy, and he is
still sweet... Can't wait for him to get moody too...

Old June 22nd 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article .com,
"lanfear32" wrote:

I wonder if I could make something to tie a couple of teenagers into
THIER beds... :-) Would have to use something kind of strong and thick
that they couldn't gnaw through... My house was egged last night so I
am quite annoyed with children today. Wish I had stuck with dogs...

LOL, dogs can be a pain in the bud as well. Lucky that a good hoosing
dwon will clean your house again. Make the kids do the cleaning up for
you.

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 22nd 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article .com,
"lanfear32" wrote:

I would have to agree with you Noreen. I have 3 teenage girls. Only
one of them is tolerable. I also have a 9 year old boy, and he is
still sweet... Can't wait for him to get moody too...

these darn hormones....LOL

Suspension in ice may be a solution, but what if you still have to go
through those though years when they defrost....LOL,

Hang in there it will all pass, I know...LOL

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 22nd 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:03:45 GMT, Els van Dam spun a fine yarn

In article .com,
"lanfear32" wrote:

I would have to agree with you Noreen. I have 3 teenage girls. Only
one of them is tolerable. I also have a 9 year old boy, and he is
still sweet... Can't wait for him to get moody too...

these darn hormones....LOL

Suspension in ice may be a solution, but what if you still have to go
through those though years when they defrost....LOL,

Hang in there it will all pass, I know...LOL

Els

True, Els, they'd still be teenagers when they thawed, UNLESS we
figure out a way to age them while they're frozen, which, would defeat
the purpose some, like Walt Disney, dreamed of regarding
cryogenics....
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-6, 06/22/2006
Tested: 6/22/2006 3:13:05 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old June 22nd 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YarnWright wrote:

True, Els, they'd still be teenagers when they thawed, UNLESS we
figure out a way to age them while they're frozen, which, would defeat
the purpose some, like Walt Disney, dreamed of regarding
cryogenics....
Noreen

I remember longing for (free) boarding school!! I kinda envy those who
could afford to ship their adolescents off for weeks at a time!!

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old June 23rd 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:41:10 -0500, Olwyn Mary spun a fine yarn

YarnWright wrote:

True, Els, they'd still be teenagers when they thawed, UNLESS we
figure out a way to age them while they're frozen, which, would defeat
the purpose some, like Walt Disney, dreamed of regarding
cryogenics....
Noreen

I remember longing for (free) boarding school!! I kinda envy those who
could afford to ship their adolescents off for weeks at a time!!

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

OMGosh, yes, Olwyn Mary! Free boarding school. Pack the rugrats off.
I used to long for year round school, too!
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-6, 06/22/2006
Tested: 6/22/2006 6:31:18 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006