AD: But mainly about my Ojime Rabbit! - Tink

Old March 14th 04, 05:35 PM
Tinkster

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:52:48 -0500, Kathy N-V
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:05:43 -0500, ally wrote
(in message ):

Ooooo he is so cute, and I love the monkey too.
-)

I adore the ojime rabbit, he's incredible. I can hardly believe that he's
made of glass, and not carved ivory. Beautiful.

OTOH, can I be the voice of dissent on the monkey/chimp thing? He's so
realistic that he scared me when he popped onto the screen. Please, please,
Tink - Please don't start making scary birds. I already have goosebumps on my
arms. (It's very strange for me to have a reaction like that to a photo)

Kathy N-V

Uh Oh. You must have read my mind. Parrots, specifically cockatoos,
are next on my to-do list.

To be honest, I started out trying to make a much more realistic
monkey than I ended up with. But he's sweet/silly and that's nice too.
You know how they say "The eyes are the window to the soul"? Well,
when I was making teddy bears, I discovered that no matter what the
rest of the bear looked like, I had a winner if the eye placement was
perfect. I suspect it's the same with figural lampwork. Even though
the little monkey dude isn't realistic, I think his eyes and
expression breathe a bit of life into him.

Thanks for the compliment! Maybe I should rate my sculptural work on a
Kathy Goosebump Scale. LOL!

Tink
Old March 14th 04, 05:36 PM
Tinkster

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:25:38 GMT, "Eileen Byrnes"
wrote:

I adore the rabbit, but am terrified by the monkey - looks too much like
George W Bush!

"Tinkster" wrote in message
.. .
Since there are things for sale on this page, I figured putting AD in
the subject would be prudent :-) But what I'd like is for you guys to
take a peek at my Ojime Rabbit on this page. I love him SO much!

http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

Thanks!

Tink

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! LOL!

Tink
Old March 14th 04, 06:07 PM
Dr. Sooz

Make NICE birds! ---Fabulous work, Tink.

Tink - Please don't start making scary birds. I already have goosebumps on my

arms. (It's very strange for me to have a reaction like that to a photo)

Kathy N-V

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 14th 04, 06:09 PM
Dr. Sooz

To be honest, I started out trying to make a much more realistic
monkey than I ended up with. But he's sweet/silly and that's nice too.

Can we get a link to the WC thread that shows all the monkeys everyone made?
(please?)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 14th 04, 06:09 PM
Dr. Sooz

I adore the rabbit, but am terrified by the monkey - looks too much like
George W Bush!

HAW HAW HAW HAW
You're RIGHT.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 14th 04, 06:37 PM
Tinkster

On 14 Mar 2004 18:09:05 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz)
wrote:

Can we get a link to the WC thread that shows all the monkeys everyone made?
(please?)

Here ya go!
http://snipurl.com/539x

Tink
Old March 14th 04, 08:30 PM
Christina Peterson

Love the rabbit.

Tina

"Tinkster" wrote in message
Thank you guys! I really do love that rabbit. Did I say that already?
LOL! And I feel like I need to apologize for the latest batch of
photos: Thought I would try natural light, and it just didn't work
right for me. I decided to go ahead and put them up anyway, as I just
don't have time to re-do them right now.

All the ivory/sculptural work I've been doing is at least partly in
preparation for my upcoming Loren Stump class. This will be the very
first class I have ever taken. I am SO excited! Donna (my studio
wench) and I going together.

Tinkiepoo

Old March 15th 04, 02:50 AM
Cheryl

Please, please,
Tink - Please don't start making scary birds.

Now talk about weird

last night --- I dreamed I made a pergrine falcon bead...
I even dreamed making the feather patterin in wings and tail.
how's that for weird???

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old March 15th 04, 05:46 AM
Cheryl

]last night --- I dreamed I made a pergrine falcon bead...
]I even dreamed making the feather patterin in wings and tail.
]how's that for weird???

so did you get up and DO it????? before you forgot how?

NOPE -
darn it!!!

Old March 15th 04, 04:39 PM
Beadbimbo

Love the rabbit! Beautiful! It reminds me of the mouse that Loren Stump
has in the Making Glass Beads book. He does other animals like that and
said they were very big in Japan. I know he taught Sharon Peters the dying
with the coffee or tea.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com