SPEAKING OF COPYING

Old March 10th 04, 05:08 AM
BeckiBead

Default SPEAKING OF COPYING

Speaking of copying....this is so blatent, but I don't think there is anything
she can do about it. It makes me sick.

Here is my girl Janis's work (godessofcraft on ebay), which you have seen many
times because I post it often:

Here is the copycat. She even stole her NAME:

Does anyone else think this is disgusting, or is it just me?

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old March 10th 04, 05:39 AM
Kandice Seeber

And notice how the name change happened less than a week ago. Pretty
blatant, but unfortunately, not much can be done.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old March 10th 04, 05:55 AM
Dr. Sooz

I that person had any self-respect at all, they wouldn't have had to copy
anyone. It's sick.

And notice how the name change happened less than a week ago.

Speaking of copying....this is so blatent, but I don't think there is

anything
she can do about it. It makes me sick.

Here is my girl Janis's work (godessofcraft on ebay), which you have seen

many times because I post it often:

Here is the copycat. She even stole her NAME:

Does anyone else think this is disgusting, or is it just me?

Becki

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old March 10th 04, 07:19 AM
Cheryl

Becki
I think it is pretty low.

There is a possibility that she could complain to eBay that the other
individual is intentionally trying to mislead others into believing she is the
other seller...
especially since this "new" ID is less than 30 day s old - she has changed her
name several times..... and prior to this action has not sold or listed an item
on ebay for almost a year....
it would appear to me to be QUITE INTENTIONAL -- there is a complaint system
called VERO with ebay - but I don't know if she could use it - if she doesn't
have a registered trademark.
I don't know if ebay would consider a seller name as the equivalent of a
"tradename." Tradenames can be protected in a common law sense in some states
-- but I don't know how ebay would view the entire situation.

it's very strange -- the imitating party should be ashamed of herself....

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old March 10th 04, 08:03 AM
BeckiBead

it's very strange -- the imitating party should be ashamed of herself....

See, I thought so too. It really bothered me when I saw it.

Old March 10th 04, 08:20 AM
Marisa Cappetta

I had the *good* fortune to catch a fellow jeweller blatantly offering to
make a customer a ring using my original design. I tore strips off her. She
was very embarrassed and turned the customer over to me. At the very least
can Janis phone or email and express her disgust? Perhaps let her know that
those who know better are not fooled.

Other than that all I can say is...Karma.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old March 10th 04, 11:32 AM
lgreene

Interesting. There are beautiful bracelets very,very similar to these in
some of the great little stores in Boston and according to the hangtags,
they are made by an artist in the area. The concept of these chunky charm
bracelets is not new, not original I saw a great one owned by Gene Tierney
in a jewelry book.

Obviously, the blatant "capitalization" is on the name of "goddessofcraft".
But to think that others don't and can't do bracelets like that is
"cwazytalk" as my nephew says.

I'd go after the i.d. and see if there isn't anything to be done (likely
not) and then, if there is, grab up all the similar names...sort of like
what you do with a domain name.

Old March 10th 04, 12:54 PM
Diana Curtis

It is disgusting. You nailed it.
Does it matter that your friends work looks ten times better? The copy is
similar, but doesnt have the same joie as Janis's. There is a feeling of
quality to hers.
Which make the borrowing of her name worse. A customer buying the other
bracelet will feel cheated if they were under the impression they were
bidding on Janis'.
I hope there is something she can do to stop this identity confusion.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old March 10th 04, 02:03 PM
Karen_AZ

YES!!!! Definitely have her complain to Ebay. It takes a little time but it
CAN be corrected. Years ago there was someone going by *spiderwoman* (with
asterisks). I kept getting feedback for her which confused the hell out of
me. I finally tracked her down and she'd only had the ID a few months (mine
was 2+ years at that point). So I wrote to Ebay and they made her change her
name. And SHE was selling totally different stuff, too! In this case, I
think it's major dogging of the worst kind, so unless they've gotten totally
careless, I'd bet they'll jump in and make it right.

KarenK

WC again on Copying starlia Beads 42 March 6th 04 08:36 PM
OT -- Speaking of chocolate... Lee S. Billings Beads 7 February 19th 04 06:10 AM
Speaking of Trapped In A Bead...... Jalynne Beads 13 September 26th 03 11:57 PM
OT Speaking of losing things.....was Now, this is annoying! Dr. Sooz Beads 19 September 15th 03 10:45 PM