Kids..not OT

Old September 19th 04, 01:44 AM
Heather

Default Kids..not OT

Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I received a call that a friend of ours
had passed away suddenly. He was in his early 30s so it was very
unexpected. The saddest part is that they are expecting their first baby
any day now. This morning we were inthe car talking about it, and
myyoungest daughter, who is 8 years old, spoke up and said "Mommy, you need
to make them a baby quilt...With lots of hearts because without a Daddy,
that baby will need lots of extra love."

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
"I walk because I can and I walk because I can't walk away."

In 2004, I'm walking 100 miles to help in the fight against breast cancer.
If you'd like to help in this fight and sponsor me, please click on the
link.
http://lovebus.pledgepage.org/

Heather Michna
Walker #421632 - Avon Walk for Breast Cancer - Los Angeles, CA - September
11-12, 2004
Walker #1010718 - Breast Cancer 3-Day - San Diego, CA - October 1-3, 2004

Old September 19th 04, 01:45 AM
maryd

This sounds like time for a hug quilt..... if you make one, count me in for
a heart block. Just tell me what size.

--
Mary

Old September 19th 04, 01:57 AM
Diana Curtis

Your daughter is precious, and right. Huge hugs to her from this
mommy/grandma..
If you need a heart block, please dont hesitate to ask.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

Old September 19th 04, 03:08 AM
-=- Jennie-=-

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:57:18 -0500, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

Your daughter is precious, and right. Huge hugs to her from this
mommy/grandma..
If you need a heart block, please dont hesitate to ask.
Diana

count me if you need another heart also more than happy to stitch up a
little extra love for the bub
Old September 19th 04, 05:24 AM
Heather

WOW...I appreciate the offers, but today, my girls and I dug into my stash
and pulled out a bunch of fabrics, then we sat down and went through all the
magazines and books I have. We settled on a pattern with bears and hearts
that we found in Keepsake Quilting catalog.. I'll start working on it first
thing tomorrow.

Old September 19th 04, 05:34 AM
Terbear

I just made a heart block for my brother's hug....and I would love to make
one for your friend also. Your daughters words brought tears to my eyes,
give her a hug for me.

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old September 19th 04, 06:09 AM
Joanna

AHHHHHHHHHH!! Just melted my heart, precious little thing. Make sure you
give her a big hug for me.
Joanna

Heather wrote:
Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I received a call that a friend of ours
had passed away suddenly. He was in his early 30s so it was very
unexpected. The saddest part is that they are expecting their first baby
any day now. This morning we were inthe car talking about it, and
myyoungest daughter, who is 8 years old, spoke up and said "Mommy, you need
to make them a baby quilt...With lots of hearts because without a Daddy,
that baby will need lots of extra love."

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old September 19th 04, 06:10 AM
Joanna

Same here, I'll send you a block just say yes...
Think about the story the mom could tell the child later, not only did
one person love you but all these people loved you enough to give you a
piece of their heart.. so what do you say??
Joanna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Old September 19th 04, 07:42 AM
maryd

Let us know if we can make a hug for the mommy as well as the baby... both
need hearts and hugs.

--
Mary

Old September 19th 04, 08:18 AM
Heather

I mentioned it to my husband and he thinks the idea is fantastic. I've
never done one of these before, but have seen them posted. What do I do
now? Send my address to the newsgroup, or have people contact me privately?