feather weight 221

Old November 9th 03, 10:33 PM
jules

Default feather weight 221

I have a 1954 featherweight 221 machine, sat in it's box needing some tlc. It probably needs a service and needs a new electrical cord I should think. I ran it once and it goes but it is to quiet and smooth for me to use. I was given this a few years ago by a friend who does not want it back. My question is, is there anyone close to the Southampton area in England that would like it ? Free of charge you just have to collect it ! This is a serious offer. I would rather the machine found a loving home than stayed sat in it's box. The box has many of the original accessories including the oil can that came with it. Box smells a bit musty. I don't want the hassle of selling it just would like to see it go to someone who will get some joy out of it.

--
Jules

Old November 9th 03, 10:45 PM
Diana Curtis

If you wait a couple of months I will move to the UK ...
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old November 10th 03, 12:45 AM
Melissa in NJ

Why oh why couldn't I have been born in the UK, you born here, or I have a friend like yours!!!!???

Oh the inhumanity!

Melissa in NJ, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy across the pond

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old November 10th 03, 03:34 AM
D&D

Uncle just came back about 3 weeks ago and friends parents came over last week, postage could have been free !

Dee in Oz

Old November 10th 03, 04:28 AM
Kate Dicey

jules wrote:

I have a 1954 featherweight 221 machine, sat in it's box needing
some tlc. It probably needs a service and needs a new electrical cord
I should think. I ran it once and it goes but it is to quiet and
smooth for me to use. I was given this a few years ago by a friend who
does not want it back. My question is, is there anyone close to the
Southampton area in England that would like it ? Free of charge you
just have to collect it ! This is a serious offer. I would rather
the machine found a loving home than stayed sat in it's box. The box
has many of the original accessories including the oil can that came
with it. Box smells a bit musty. I don't want the hassle of selling
it just would like to see it go to someone who will get some joy out
of it.

--
Jules

Oh, I want it! Just how close is Southampton to Kent?
--
Kate XXXXXX (One of my dreams is to have a Featherweight!)
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old November 10th 03, 07:07 AM
jules

no idea but if you figure it out you can have it Kate. I used to live in
Chatham when I was a very young girl

--
Jules

Old November 10th 03, 08:10 AM
Patti

Probably quickest if you zoom round on the sea!!
It's only a couple of counties, Kate. Worth it, I'd say!
..
In article , Kate Dicey
writes
jules wrote:

[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 10th 03, 11:05 AM
jules

Actually I am not against posting it to Kate, but how do you package up a
sewing machine safely ?

--
Jules
"Patti" wrote in message
Probably quickest if you zoom round on the sea!!
It's only a couple of counties, Kate. Worth it, I'd say!
.
In article , Kate Dicey
writes
jules wrote:

[...]

"Karats" measured by weight or volume? Don A. Gilmore Jewelry 13 November 9th 04 02:09 AM
GoldCard Paper Weight Largel Pal Marketplace 0 December 12th 03 09:02 AM
chain weight question m4816k Jewelry 0 August 9th 03 07:28 PM
Feather weight and 301a yarnmama Marketplace 0 July 25th 03 02:09 AM