Seattle LNS

Old January 29th 04, 05:10 AM
Rachel Janzen

Default Seattle LNS

So I'm heading to Seatlle for a few days in March . Mostly to hang with
my cross stitch buddy. Maybe to see some sites (any suggestions?) but
mostly to stitch. I don't know what section of the city she is in, but
she is on California Ave. Any suggestions for LNS I should check out? We
may or may not have a vehicle at our disposal.

Rachel

Old January 29th 04, 03:28 PM
Joan Erickson

Rachel Janzen wrote:

So I'm heading to Seatlle for a few days in March . Mostly to hang with
my cross stitch buddy. Maybe to see some sites (any suggestions?)

See if you can find the Troll Under the Bridge (I have no idea where it
is in relation to California Ave.). He's really cool! DN took me to
see him when I was there for her wedding.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/WASEAtroll.html
There's also someone's home that looks like a Norwegian-type home with
lots of spindle-y things on it and painted in a very interesting way.
If this sounds interesting, I could get the address from DN.
Can't help in the way of needlework stores.

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old January 29th 04, 04:23 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

You should do the Underground in Seattle. It is a walking tour of the
old part of Seattle that had to be abandoned when they raised the street
level to deal with the flooding. Takes about 1 1/2 hours. Very
informative and fun. The guides have all sorts of tales to tell about
the building of Seattle. I did the tour when I was there in Oct/Nov 2003.

As far as LNS, I visited one in Bellevue (suburb of Seattle where my
niece lives). Kind of small, but very nice and not hard to find. Just
a couple of blocks off the main drag through downtown Bellevue.

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)

Old January 30th 04, 09:55 PM
Judy Kerr

Oh, oh!! I used to live in Seattle and Pike Place Market is a "must-do"!
Wait, I'll give you my shopping list... (I wish!)

As for LNS's the one in Bellevue that Anne mentioned is the only one I know
of.

Judy in UK

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

"Anne Tuchscherer" wrote in message
s.com...
snip

Old February 2nd 04, 09:15 AM
Helen

Rachel Janzen wrote in message news:iB0Sb.313296$JQ1.298633@pd7tw1no...
So I'm heading to Seatlle for a few days in March . Mostly to hang with
my cross stitch buddy. Maybe to see some sites (any suggestions?) but
mostly to stitch. I don't know what section of the city she is in, but
she is on California Ave. Any suggestions for LNS I should check out? We
may or may not have a vehicle at our disposal.

Rachel

California Avenue is in West Seattle. I'm sure, since she lives
there, she'll know all the must-sees. As for XS shops, if you don't
have a vehicle available, it's not particularly feasible. You could
take the bus to Bellevue, but you're looking at 45 minutes or so from
West Seattle, I'd think. There's an LNS in Issaquah, also; again not
particularly feasible by bus. If a vehicle becomes available and your
friend doesn't know where Cross Stitch Corner (Bellevue) and
Threadneedle Street (Issaquah) are located, drop me a note; the
directions are relatively easy.

If you're like many stitchers and have a love of books, Elliott Bay
Books would probably be an enjoyable stop.

Enjoy Seattle. It's a lovely place; my favorite, in fact.

Helen

FS -Beer Tasting Glasses-6oz, box of 54, in seattle, new $30 alex Marketplace 0 June 25th 04 08:00 PM
snow in Seattle Pam Beads 20 January 8th 04 07:21 PM
LNS in Seattle SNR Needlework 5 September 7th 03 07:11 AM
eQuilter Halloween and Seattle Bay, African/Aussie Special Paul Rubin Marketplace 0 July 29th 03 07:39 PM