Epson Stylus C82 printer question

Old August 23rd 03, 09:37 PM
kelly

Default Epson Stylus C82 printer question

Does anyone have any transfer experience with the Epson C82 and their new
formula ink? It's apparently not water soluble, which may or may not be a
good thing.

"The future isn't what it used to be." Sam Deed in 'Happy Accidents'

Old August 27th 03, 03:05 AM
DianeGlassAttic

Here's what I have on my Transfers page (under T-Shirt Transfer Paper &
Lazertran), if that helps:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````
NOTE: . . .not all inkjet printers have waterbased ink nowadays. Many of the
new photo type printers have waterproof ink, as my Epson Stylus Photo printer
has. It's great because I don't have to worry anymore about accidentally
getting water spots on it, or unexpected rain (but it won't work the same as
regular inkjet ink). Dotty

. . . I'm wondering if the newer inks for the photo printers such as the Epson
890 are more light-fast (?). They are waterproof which I've found is so much
better because a few drops of water don't ruin the print as they would with an
ink that isn't waterproof. . . . Is it just the ink, or just the paper, or a
combination of both that is important. Can we find a paper and ink that will
help to avoid any fading? Also, when we transfer with Lazertran Silk it's just
the ink that's transferred. When we use Lazertran Regular, it's the plastic
decal and the ink that transfer. I wonder how light-fast these are. Dotty

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````
The author was Dotty McMillan if you want to contact her for more info.

HTH,

Diane B.
http://glassattic.com --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

E-mail: (don't use AOL address)

A question for lampworkers Diana Curtis Beads 42 May 7th 04 07:26 PM
Not really an AD, but a marketing question, need advice Kandice Seeber Beads 26 April 4th 04 10:39 AM
Needle Hitching Question Jason Lowe Knots 2 November 11th 03 08:02 PM
Pricing Question Lisa Kisner Beads 6 September 30th 03 11:14 AM
EPSON STYLUS C82 kelly Polymer Clay 0 August 23rd 03 05:36 PM