Kreinick braid

Old January 5th 04, 01:09 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: Deb Milner

This is the first year that it's being held.....Sally from Cross
Stitch n More in Gainesville is one of the sponsors. ........

Ok Gang -- when you guys hear of this type of thing, post about it ASAP
please please please!!! I live close enough that I could have made plans to
drive down and would have done just that to take the class with Doug! CiaoMeow
^;;^

..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 5th 04, 06:45 PM
Ellice

On 1/4/04 1:39 PM,"Deb Milner" posted:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:37:42 -0500, Ellice wrote:

If Doug Kreinik is ever doing his one day class at a LNS near you - I really
recommend it. Very interesting. They give a nice kit with about a dozen

In about two weeks, the Doug is giving a class at the Southern
Stitchin' event in Gainesville. I think I missed out on the class
though, but based on your advice will try to get into it.

He's an entertaining and easy speaker. It's a good program, basically it's
about the products they make, interesting - he explains some different ways
to use the various threads, as well as the standard way. Of course, there's
a trunk show with the class - I bought 2 little kits when I did the class.
If you're interested in learning the details, it's worth it. They had,
passed around, samples - some of the pieces on their web-site, done with the
different threads.

Enjoy,
ellice

Old January 5th 04, 09:09 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

Yup, yup, yup, I am going to Hagerstown and can't wait. I did a
stitcher's getaway last year in the winter with The Brick Stitchhouse in
PA. That was a blast. The facility was great. Diane (Brick owner)
wants to do another this year, but the facility we had is very popular
and hard to reserve (lots of repeat customers that have priority
reservations on their annual weekend). A lot like the Stitcher's Lounge
at CATS with goodies thrown in. The cruise sounds like a lot of fun
also. I looked at the webpage for the shop, but the "on-line" copy of
the newsletter is from 1999. Couldn't find anything about the cruise on
the website. :-(

I know the weekend getaways are a lot of extra work for the event
sponsors, but the stitchers that attend are ever so grateful for a
chance to meet other local stitchers and a chance to stitch
uninterrupted by chores, children, spouses, phones, .....

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)

Ellice wrote:

On 1/4/04 8:09 PM,"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply"
posted:

From: Deb Milner

This is the first year that it's being held.....Sally from Cross
Stitch n More in Gainesville is one of the sponsors. ........

Ok Gang -- when you guys hear of this type of thing, post about it ASAP
please please please!!! I live close enough that I could have made plans to
drive down and would have done just that to take the class with Doug!
CiaoMeow

Oh, boy, that 6 hr drive brings back memories. When I was living in
Gainesville, my boyfriend was in Atlanta, and my roomie was dating a friend
of mine also in Atlanta. We notoriously did the drive up for the weekends -
a lot!

Tia Mary - I'm surprised if Doug isn't coming to some shop in Atlanta, or
Macon or that area. Have you checked the Kreinik website - IIRC they now
have a link on there about Doug's tour.

The stitch event sounds like a stitchin' party and lots of fun. In this
area, the local association of retailers (knitting and stitchin') are having
a weekend stitchaway in mid-April. They took over some little hotel in
historic Hagerstown, and are having some mini-classes included in the
registration for the stitch-in. I understand the registrants get some cool
little gifties in their tote-bags. First time they've done it - I think this
is an idea that's being passed about to do in the retail/trade associations.
IIRC, Anne T. is going, as am I.

ellice

Old January 5th 04, 10:32 PM
Ellice

On 1/5/04 4:09 PM,"Anne Tuchscherer" posted:

Yup, yup, yup, I am going to Hagerstown and can't wait. I did a

Well, if we haven't managed to meet before then, we certainly will in
Hagerstown! I'm really looking forward to this.

stitcher's getaway last year in the winter with The Brick Stitchhouse in
PA. That was a blast. The facility was great. Diane (Brick owner)
wants to do another this year, but the facility we had is very popular
and hard to reserve (lots of repeat customers that have priority
reservations on their annual weekend). A lot like the Stitcher's Lounge
at CATS with goodies thrown in. The cruise sounds like a lot of fun

My ANG chapter does a weekend stitch retreat in the spring, and tried this
fall. They go to a retreat place in rural Virginia (West and South), usually
limited to about 18 stitchers. All those who've gone have really enjoyed it.
It's been a truly nominal cost. But, it's the same weekend as Hagerstown,
and of course I promised my friend with the LNS that I'd go to Hagerstown.
Which sounds like a lot of fun - the idea of mini-classes, and then just
lots of time to stitch and relax.

I know the weekend getaways are a lot of extra work for the event
sponsors, but the stitchers that attend are ever so grateful for a
chance to meet other local stitchers and a chance to stitch
uninterrupted by chores, children, spouses, phones, .....

I don't know that it's a terrible amount of work, but certainly does take
some arranging. For this one, every shop is sponsoring a little class, and
tossing something in the goodie bag. And the good thing - no selling during
the stitch weekend - so it's relaxed and the various shops aren't in
competition.

I'm still looking for a roomie - else, DH is tagging along - and can just
skate at the rinks up there ;^) or take up some stitching! My LNS Sitch 'n
Bitch crew is all going - but we're an odd number (more ways than one) so
I'm the leftover! But, I might be able to convince some of my barely
stitcher friends to go. Of course, I'm also drafting them to come to market
with me in Columbus in June.

ellice

Ellice wrote:

On 1/4/04 8:09 PM,"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply"

*snip*

Old January 6th 04, 01:53 AM
Alison

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:45:09 -0500, Ellice wrote:

[...]

I went to one of Doug's New York classes. I would agree that they are
well worth the fee. I also got several little kits (one of the
MIlkpaint ones - Because Nice Matters - which is in progress!) He's
an entertaining and educational speaker.

Alison
Old January 6th 04, 03:55 AM
Liz Hampton

Ok Gang -- when you guys hear of this type of thing, post about it ASAP
please please please!!! I live close enough that I could have made plans to
drive down and would have done just that to take the class with Doug!
CiaoMeow
^;;^

Why don't you contact Kreinik and ask if they can send you a schedule?
There may be somewhere within driving distance that you've never heard of
but would be willing to explore if Doug was going to be there. He was here
in Medford in October (or was it September???). Since we had just
refinanced the mortgage and got money back, DH agreed I should splurge and
take the class. It was well worth it.
Liz from Humbug

The Theives Braid... RavenT Knots 5 April 16th 04 02:04 AM
Mystery Braid John Bottoms Knots 1 December 20th 03 03:30 PM
Daine-plaited braid stitch Beinchat Needlework 9 August 29th 03 10:36 PM