Home again.

Old July 3rd 07, 12:24 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default OT: SPAM

Joan E. wrote:

the plums, since the tree is only 4 years old and 4 feet tall. I
discovered one thing she doesn't like, though and that's rhubarb.

Good thing, because the leaves are poisonous.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old July 3rd 07, 12:08 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/2/07 5:00 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

"Joan E." wrote in message
oups.com...

Kathleen wrote:
And my border collies love the smell of oranges being peeled,

My dog, Jasmine, also loves fruit. Well, that and any other thing she
can get in her mouth! LOL! She jumps up and picks plums off our
tree. A couple years ago I heard her barking in the back yard. She
was sitting under our plum tree barking because she could see a plum
*just* out of her reach above the fork of the tree. I can't imagine
what she'll be like this year...our plum tree is *loaded* with plums!
She also picks raspberries from my bushes, and not the green ones,
either. Oh, no, she finds the ripe ones and delicately plucks them
off! I just hope she doesn't find out about the cherries that I got
for the first time this year! They're much lower to the ground than
the plums, since the tree is only 4 years old and 4 feet tall. I
discovered one thing she doesn't like, though and that's rhubarb.

One word of caution, though. Grapes and raisins (and just a few!) can
be toxic to dogs! I just found out about this recently. Here's a
link to Snopes about it:
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

Joan

A dog with good taste. I don't like rhubarb either.

Lucille

You can send your rhubarb to me. Wonder if any of the local farmers markets
still have some?

Old July 3rd 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Default OT Discount stores was Home again.

YarnWright wrote:
spampot spun a FINE 'yarn':

Zayre's! I'd forgotten them! We had them in the midwest too. And Kresge's.

end quoted

spampot. . .

I remember Zayre's and Kresge's too!!
(In Chicago)
Noreen

Hey, Noreen, I"m from Champaign-Urbana but haven't lived there for decades.
Old July 6th 07, 04:23 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Elizabeth Young

Joan E. wrote:
Kathleen wrote:
And my border collies love the smell of oranges being peeled,

My dog, Jasmine, also loves fruit.

snip
She also picks raspberries from my bushes, and not the green ones,
either. Oh, no, she finds the ripe ones and delicately plucks them
off!

I've seen young coyote doing this also.

liz young in hot hot hot california
Old July 6th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Home again.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:29:32 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

snip,snip

ellice wrote:

I think that must be a reginoal language idiom. In all the places I've
lived in tha states, never, ever heard canned, processed meat stuff referred
to as Potted Meat. But, I knew what was being referred to because of my
time living in the UK. So, perhaps us New York, DC, even Florida East
Coasters, don't use that phrase. Never heard it in NM, either.

ellice

As a public service, I submit to you:
http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html

With a lovely picture of the various potted meat products offered to the
American consumer.

How/why did you find that! more importantly - why did someone think this was
worthy of that much research.

Considering the massive amounts of money spent on "research" projects
of, at best, dubious subjects nothing surprises me about this one.

Bob