New page on my site with free MK hat and scarf patterns

Old October 15th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Leah

Default New page on my site with free MK hat and scarf patterns

Hi everyone,

I've added a page to my site. I'm hosting it for a friend since I
already have an account and know a little bit about web page building.
These were designed for another friend, a big Harry Potter fan, who
was tragically killed in an auto accident, so she never got the
finished items, and the patterns are being offered for free in memory
of her generous spirit.

The pattern is for an ISM or USM knitting machine and gives
instructions on how to make a hat either plain with simple shaping
that takes an hour to knit and finish (I tested it and made a plain
hat with the simple shaping and completely finished mine in only 50
minutes), or you can do more complicated shaping in 1 color, or you
can make a hat with stripes that look like the Harry Potter Prisoner
Of Azkaban and Goblet Of Fire stripes on their scarves. Also
available is a scarf pattern with Potter Azkaban/Goblet like stripes
done in Red Heart worsted weight that is approximately 6 inches wide
when folded and about 6.5 feet long before fringing.

There are no pictures available of the scarf yet, but there are
pictures of a Gryffindor colored hat with complex shaping, and a 1
color simply shaped hat knit for the troops in green camo. They are
resized for the page view, but follow the instructions on my page for
how to view them full size to see the differences in shaping at the
top.

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/swch...ahatscarf.html

Enjoy!

Leah
Old October 17th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Judy P

I saved it for a rainy day..Grand daughter is into Harry..I hand knit
her a scarf a couple years ago...
Thanks for posting it..
judy