A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Sunflower Wall Hanging

Old July 31st 14, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Sunflower Wall Hanging

Hello friends,
I finished hand quilting my sunflower wall hanging yesterday afternoon.. So will display it for the month of August on the wall outside my apartment. I was worried that the bright yellow border would take away from the large sunflower but that didn't happen. The inner border of green helped to block or arrest the bright yellow of outer border. Was afraid that I would only see the border once it was put on the wall. I did scroll work on the borders, then echo quilting around the stems/leaves and background. I am pleased with the results.
Sandy$ in Idaho
Ads
Old August 2nd 14, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Sunflower Wall Hanging

On Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:23:10 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello friends,

I finished hand quilting my sunflower wall hanging yesterday afternoon. So will display it for the month of August on the wall outside my apartment. I was worried that the bright yellow border would take away from the large sunflower but that didn't happen. The inner border of green helped to block or arrest the bright yellow of outer border. Was afraid that I would only see the border once it was put on the wall. I did scroll work on the borders, then echo quilting around the stems/leaves and background. I am pleased with the results.

Sandy$ in Idaho

Thanks, Pat on the Green as I now feel good about the wall hanging and now I am off to make that Flower Garden quilt top.
Sandy$