How To Become a Basket Case!

Old September 6th 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default How To Become a Basket Case!

This is the last of these things I am going to do. They are just too
hard to sew. When you have to sew together 4 layers of canvas, two
layers of batting and Pellon stiffener, it is more than a simple
mechanical sewing machine can handle. I had to hand sew the bottom to
the side by rotating the hand wheel to advance the needle. Anyway,
There it is and it sits at the end of my cutting table awaiting the
job of swallowing vast amounts of cuttings. I think it might have been
worth all the trouble, but just not again.
Size, 14" diameter x 16" high. That's it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...25370517077634

John
Old September 6th 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Magnificent! You're my hero!
Roberta in D

Old September 6th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Now that is a work of art and a joy forever!

I shall plagarise this immediately, if you don't mind. But I take
your caveat seriously.

Don't forget to spray it liberally, now, with waterproofing so that it
won't spoil in the wear and tear of life.

Think Hiking shops and waterproofing backpacks. It works really well,
and saves things staining, or getting ingrained dirt.

Nel
(GQ)
Old September 6th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Sep 6, 12:46*pm, Sartorresartus wrote:
Now that is a work of art and a joy forever!

I shall plagarise this immediately, if you don't mind. *But I take
your caveat seriously.

Don't forget to spray it liberally, now, with waterproofing so that it
won't spoil in the wear and tear of life.

Think Hiking shops and waterproofing backpacks. *It works really well,
and saves things staining, or getting ingrained dirt.

Nel
(GQ)

That is probably a very good idea. I wonder if that sort of thing
changes the color of the white, to some other color of white, like
cream, though. I have never had the need to use it so I just don't
know the answer to that question. I am only putting cuttings from the
cutting table in there and not general trash. I have 3 wooden baskets
for those sort of things and they are placed strategically for that
purpose. Thanks for the idea. I will look into it this week at the
nearest camping outfitter hereabouts.

John
Old September 6th 10, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

It hasn't on anything I have used it on (as yet) but I dare say you
could try it out on an inconspicuous piece of waste fabric first.

I swear by the stuff. I use the spray, and I regularly use the wash-
in stuff in the final wash of soft-type shopping bags.

I hate all my good work looking shabby after a while, and I love
useful-bags for carrying portable-quilting-projects. They are all
sprayed, in case of beverage spillage or inclement weather, or even
poppling it down and finding something wet or dirty underneath.

Glad you like the idea.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old September 6th 10, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

That is terrific! My sewing wastebasket is more primitive, but was
much easier -- I had some old wrapping paper and covered the inside
and outside of a cardboard box. When it gets ratty I'll simply throw
it away.
Old September 7th 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

As I said, too much time on your handsg.
For those of us more challenged, we could buy a straight sided plastic
bin and make a pelon/fabric cover to slid over it.
Very nice indeed.
Bronnie

Old September 7th 10, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Sep 6, 7:30*pm, Bronnie wrote:
As I said, too much time on your handsg.
For those of us more challenged, we could buy a straight sided plastic
bin and make a pelon/fabric cover to slid over it.
Very nice indeed.
Bronnie

Or better yet, you could probably buy one in about a couple of months
from now, that is made in China for $25. USD. But you wouldn't have
anything to fill your time with.
John

christmas basket jeanne-nzlstar* Quilting 1 November 3rd 08 11:37 AM
christmas basket jeanne-nzlstar* Quilting 0 November 3rd 08 02:15 AM
can anyone help identify this basket dave c Pottery 2 April 11th 05 08:54 PM
Basket pattern Anna MCM Yarn 3 April 7th 05 01:37 PM
What's in the muffin basket Brenda Lewis Needlework 2 July 25th 03 02:10 AM