The Prairie Flower Quilt

Old January 26th 16, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default The Prairie Flower Quilt

Hello All,
This is the quilt I am working on now. It has 4 -5 inch print squares and 4-5 inch contrasting squares. A white 5 inch square goes in the center of row two. You use 16- 2 3/4 inch white squares for snowballing(I use a pencil to mark the line on the snowball squares to opposite corners,before sewing, then trim to 1/4 in). The first 4 prints I snowball two opposite corners, the 2nd contrasting 4 prints I snowball one side twice, this makes a (flying geese). To assemble: Take the two prints and sew a contrasting(flying geese) print in the center, that is 1st row. 2nd row sew two contrasting prints(flying geese) to the white 5 inch square. 3rd row, sew the other two prints on each side of a contrasting(flying geese) print. Make sure the center row #2 seams go toward the center and the other two rows seams go toward the outside. I use 2 1/2 inch sashing between blocks and rows and outside inner border all are white. The outer border is 5 1/2 inches. I hope these instructions help. It does make a pretty quilt, especially using scrappy prints. Sorry no pictures.
Sandy$
Material needed to make 1 block:
4-5 inch prints
4-5 inch contrasting prints (Note: These are really small prints or solids)
1-5 inch white for the center
16- 2 3/4 inch squares for snowballing
Old February 11th 16, 09:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 08:42:59 -0800, morningdove2011 wrote:

Hello All,
This is the quilt I am working on now.

Do you mean this quilt:
http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/prairie-flower-quilt/

Brian Christiansen
Old February 18th 16, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
This is where I watched the tutorial to get the pattern. When I posted here could not think of the company name. They have lots of tutorials so check them out.
Right now I just received the pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Co. for the Quatrefoil quilt. I made the first block and realized that I made this quilt block before but it was under a different name.
Old February 18th 16, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 08:05:58 -0800, morningdove2011 wrote:

Hello Brian,
This is where I watched the tutorial to get the pattern. When I
posted here could not think of the company name. They have lots of
tutorials so check them out.
Right now I just received the pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Co.
for the Quatrefoil quilt. I made the first block and realized that
I made this quilt block before but it was under a different name.

I can find no link or address (http://... or https://...,for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUrrVx_L9jg) in this message. Just copy
and paste the address from the line in your browser. Is the quilt like
the one Jenny makes in this video that I linked to?

Brian Christiansen
Old February 20th 16, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
I went to Missouri Star Quilt Co. and up in the corner ask for that tutorial. At least I think I did.
Sandy$
Old February 21st 16, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
If you go to Missouri Star Quilt Co., then scroll down until you see You Tube in the header with MSQC, open and then type in this tutorial.
Sandy$
Old February 22nd 16, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian Again,
See the previous post first. Now if you plan on making the Prairie Flower quilt after watching the tutorial, you will need to increase Joan's snowballing squares to 2 3/4 inch because 2 1/2 inch is too small, because when you sew the blocks together you will cut off the tips. Just a warning.
Sandy$

Finally the Flower Garden Quilt Top [email protected] Quilting 4 August 10th 14 04:19 PM
Prairie n' Peaks Quilt Festival Toni Lucas Quilting 6 October 4th 10 11:38 AM
Flower Garden Quilt Alice Quilting 22 February 22nd 07 01:15 PM
Jewel of the Prairie quilt Poke First National Quilting 6 October 6th 05 07:38 AM
F/A: Vintage Applique Flower Quilt! NR! N S Marketplace 0 April 20th 04 02:13 AM