RIP, Jasmine

Old May 14th 14, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default RIP, Jasmine

On 5/14/2014 6:53 AM, Nancy Spera wrote:
On 5/13/2014 10:00 AM, Joan Erickson wrote:
My dog, Jasmine, went over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. I got her as a
pup for Mother's Day in 2001 and it was the day after Mother's Day when
she left us. 13 is pretty old for a lab, so she had a good, long life.
She was hard of hearing and her bodily functions were leaving her, so
it was definitely time for her to go.

{{{{{{Joan}}}}}}

Thanks, Nancy.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old May 14th 14, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 5/14/2014 8:29 AM, Ruth wrote:

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your family member. It is so hard to let them go, even when you know it will ease their suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Yes, that final act of love is definitely a tough one. Thanks, Ruth.

Old May 15th 14, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 5/14/2014 6:28 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 5/13/2014 3:06 PM, Gillian Murray wrote:
On 5/13/2014 10:00 AM, Joan Erickson wrote:
My dog, Jasmine, went over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. I got her as a
pup for Mother's Day in 2001 and it was the day after Mother's Day when
she left us. 13 is pretty old for a lab, so she had a good, long life.
She was hard of hearing and her bodily functions were leaving her, so
it was definitely time for her to go.

(((((Joan)))))...Hugs are all I can give, but I know you gave Jasmine a
lovely life, and the kindest gift of all at the end.

Gill....Jack sends doggie love to you.

Thanks Gill and Jack, too! My one regret was that I couldn't be with
her at the end, since DH took her in to the vet.

I know what you mean. I took all of ours to the vet.BUT .the last vet
was awesome. Jim was with me, Gretel was 15 plus.Sound morbid, but he
kissed Gretel (15+) on her head, agreed that it was time. Then, he gave
her an intramuscular sleepy shot. He left her with us for about 5
minutes, by which time she was sleeping. Then he came back, and gave the
iv shot to finish it.

I have never seen it done this way...and it was the sweetest way out.I
can't say I am totally happy, but I am so at peace that she suffered
nothing..not even trying to get the iv shot in. We will see him again
this summer when we are back in North Carolina.

Love that man!!!!

Gill
Old July 20th 14, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I hope the good memories remain after the pain is gone.

I'm sure that dog knew she was much loved.

Old July 21st 14, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug[_2_]

I'm sorry for you that she's gone and that you couldn't be there at the end, We lost our dog, Oddear, a year ago in February and I still miss her running around the outside of the chicken yard and keeping me company while blackberry picking and wandering the property. :-(
Old July 31st 14, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 7/21/2014 12:26 PM, Liz from Humbug wrote:
I'm sorry for you that she's gone and that you couldn't be there at the end,
We lost our dog, Oddear, a year ago in February and I still miss her
running around the outside of the chicken yard and keeping me company
while blackberry picking and wandering the property. :-(

There's nothing like a canine faithful companion, is there? We still
have Duke, but he's a running machine! Nothing like Jaz, who would just
calmly walking by my side or lay down next to me.