Looking For Cad Cam Wax Carving

Old June 6th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default Looking For Cad Cam Wax Carving

I am looking at getting a cad cam wax carver 3-d System any suggestions on
which system is the best for the money?
Thank You
Rodney

Old June 7th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Andrew Werby

wrote in message
I am looking at getting a cad cam wax carver 3-d System any suggestions on
which system is the best for the money?
Thank You
Rodney

[How much money? What are you wanting to carve? Do you have the modeling and
toolpathing software already, or would that need to be included?]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

Old July 25th 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

On Jun 6, 10:28 am, wrote:
I am looking at getting a cad cam wax carver 3-d System any suggestions on
which system is the best for the money?
Thank You
Rodney

Rodney

For less than $4500 for a complete solution. 3D Wax Mill can not be
beat. Look at the jewelry that has been done by my clients with this
Solution and nothing more.
http://www.3dwaxmill.com/gallery

Jeff
Old July 25th 08, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:33:42 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry
wrote:

On Jun 6, 10:28 am, wrote:
I am looking at getting a cad cam wax carver 3-d System any suggestions on
which system is the best for the money?
Thank You
Rodney

Rodney

For less than $4500 for a complete solution. 3D Wax Mill can not be
beat. Look at the jewelry that has been done by my clients with this
Solution and nothing more.

Or, this one. Similar in use, a bit simpler to operate, I think. It's not a
simple generic mill adapted for jewelry use, but designed and built from the
ground up, by a Seattle area jeweler, specifically for doing jewelry wax carving
(though unofficially, if you slow down the feed rate a bit, it will also cut
metal. even titanium if you stretch it's capabilities...) some of these have
been in use for over ten years now. Deceptively simple seeming, they do pretty
much everything I saw on the waxmiller site, and maybe a bit more. Neither of
these, for that price, do full 3D modelling, as neither uses software that's a
full 3D modelling program, but rather translate a simple 2D graphic into a 3D
design. (the website explains it nicely) But both do most of what most
jewelers will need. I've got one of these (the Waxcutter system), and frankly,
love the thing. Plus, for you Mac addicts, that's what it runs on.
www.waxcutter.net

Feel free to email me either within the group, or off list, if you want more
details.

Peter
Old July 31st 08, 07:43 AM
Lakers Lakers is offline
Member

I have been waiting for about 5 days now but the shipping times are 10-19 days. As soon as I get them I will let you know. I have not seen you on that forum for a long time now and I was wondering where you are? How did it go with the collection that you got? Here is the link to the beads again http://www.liangdianup.com/beadscrafts_1.htm and here is the link to the Swarovski beads http://www.liangdianup.com/inventory/900020.htm if those links don't work then you can goto www.lducompany.com and click on the beads picture, that should take you right there. I hope you see this message and get back to me cause I miss talking to you
Old September 20th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

wrote:

On Jun 6, 10:28 am, wrote:
[...]

I have been using the 3dwaxmill system for about 4 years. It has
proven to be the most useful tool in my shop. I am a small mom and pop
type store and I wear many hats so when I started looking for a
milling system I needed one that would help me with the wax work I do
and the learning curve to be easy. I bought the 3dwaxmill system and
the rest is history. I make approx. 20 to 25 pieces a month, some
simple some not. Everyone of them is created with the mill. Peter is
correct this is not a true 3d system and sometimes you have to play
around to get your final piece to come out the way you wish, but I
have never designed a piece in my head that I could not create with
the mill. The owner of of the 3dwaxmill site has exceptional support
and the members area forum is filled with help and how tos. If you
have not, I encourage you to look at the pieces of the types of pieces
that have been created using the system. Please email me if you have
any questions.

Michael

new at carving Leslie Mutchler Carving 1 September 23rd 07 01:39 AM
Wood Carving advanced wood carving 1940 s FA [email protected] Carving 0 July 15th 05 12:37 AM
Wax Carving Charlie Jewelry 18 October 21st 04 09:31 AM
Ice Carving Robert Mills Carving 0 February 7th 04 02:57 PM
And Another New Carving... Marc Carving 0 October 16th 03 11:14 PM