Bad news and good news day....

Old September 7th 04, 01:06 PM
Margie

On 07 Sep 2004 03:14:43 GMT, ospam (Kaytee) wrote:

Bad news--

I'm so sorry, it's so unfair! :=(

Good news--

I'm glad your brother is surviving, your mother must have been beside
herself with worry.
--
Margie
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our

Old September 7th 04, 04:08 PM
Kaytee

In article , "starlia"
writes:

I know how difficult it is to get time to call. Maybe your brother just
couldn't get to speak for whatever reasons. He could have been out on recon
or whatever. Give him the benefit of a doubt.

He hadn't written to her, nor e-mailed, either. She got messages second or
third hand from other people he did manage to send at least a couple of terse
paragraphs. He's not much for writing-- even in Boot Camp when it was almost
all there was to do with your leisure time. No recon, either-- he is "bomb
squad", so he sits around "on call", except when he has escort runs or an
actual dis-arming task (hasn't had a real one yet-- only training/practice
ones).
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old September 7th 04, 04:12 PM
Jalynne

(((((((((Kaytee))))))))
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kaytee" wrote in message
Bad news-- one of my nieces was killed yesterday. A drunk driver, going 80 mph,
ran onto the sidewalk and struck her as she was walking down the street. She
had just turned 18 a couple of months ago. Her mother and two of her siblings
flew out to Arizona to take care of matters there. My mother called and told me
this morning.

Good news-- my creep of a little brother (the one in Iraq) finally got around
to calling my mother and letting her know that he's really OK. Running over the
land mine "just shook him up a little".... He also said he had gotten the
package I sent, but didn't comment as to whether or not the contents were
anything he needed/wanted/wanted more of.... The only thing he did say he would
like are clothes and small toys for the local children. Nice that he's so
unselfish, but he's still a creep for not communicating with our mother, at
least, in a more timely manner.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old September 7th 04, 08:34 PM
Kaytee

In article ,
eads (Cheryl) writes:

it's nice to think that he is actually trying to help over there...

though for the most part, I really don't think the people there care about
our help.... and would rather kill us or have us leave.
The guys I know who have been there realized that the locals really just take
such "gifts" from our people more as we "owe it to them" than an act of
helping out of love and charity.....
Though the littlest children, the innocent ones, certainly deserve any help
they can get

He likes kids, so I'm sure that has something to do with wanting to help them.
He says the boys run around naked until they're about 12-- of course, in
summer, that makes sense. The children are grateful for little presents, no
matter what their parents and older sibs think. I've e-mailed an Iraqi ex-pat
(Kurd) to see if he knows what kind of winter the area has-- I figure by the
time a package gets there, it'll be cooling off some and those boys will need
to be more than sky-clad. I'll probably go to Party City and get a few packs of
party favor type little toys, and to Target for some hair gew-gaws for the
girls (and brushes-- he says the girls/women don't brush their hair and it's
all matted up). I think I'll make up some plastic bead necklaces, too... good
way to get rid of the things, now that I'm not doing much in the way of "kids'
jewelry".

Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old September 7th 04, 08:34 PM
Kaytee

Thanks, all, for the messages. Still waiting for my sister-in-law to get back,
to hear what/when any sort of memorial will occur. Don't know the driver of
the car-- s/he was arrested, but.... Usually when something like this happens,
it's not the first time there was a DWI, so I guess it will be up to the DA how
well the case is prosecuted. My SIL certainly can't afford a lawyer, and can't
afford the time or money to run back and forth to AZ for multiple court
appearances, so if the person has a relatively competent lawyer, it's likely
s/he will be driving again, all too soon, with or without a licence.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old September 7th 04, 11:32 PM
AmazeR

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 19:34:12 +0000, Kaytee wrote:

Thanks, all, for the messages. Still waiting for my sister-in-law to get back,
to hear what/when any sort of memorial will occur. Don't know the driver of
the car-- s/he was arrested, but.... Usually when something like this happens,
it's not the first time there was a DWI, so I guess it will be up to the DA how
well the case is prosecuted. My SIL certainly can't afford a lawyer, and can't
afford the time or money to run back and forth to AZ for multiple court
appearances, so if the person has a relatively competent lawyer, it's likely
s/he will be driving again, all too soon, with or without a licence.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

It's disgusting the way the Justice System works (or rather doesn't work!)
in many countries! However, there is Higher Justice, and no one will get
around that - even if it takes a few years! May they get what is coming
to them and then some!

Condolences to your SIL, Kaytee and to you and the rest of your family.

Mavis

Old September 8th 04, 03:44 PM
Kandice Seeber

I'm so sorry to hear that Kaytee - that's awful.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Good News Jalynne Beads 5 June 11th 04 08:10 AM
Good News and Bad News Kandice Seeber Beads 11 October 14th 03 06:04 PM