Can you block wool-ease?

Old September 21st 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Default Can you block wool-ease?

I am considering trying the Branching Out scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
using some leftover Wool-ease, only because the color would be neat for
it (a heathered green), but if it's not going to block well, then it
might be a bad idea. Has anyone blocked Wool-ease before?

BB
Old September 21st 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:22:31 GMT, BB wrote:

I am considering trying the Branching Out scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
using some leftover Wool-ease, only because the color would be neat for
it (a heathered green), but if it's not going to block well, then it
might be a bad idea. Has anyone blocked Wool-ease before?

BB

Wool-ease is mostly acrylic, only 20% wool. I would try knitting a
swatch that consisted of some of the lace pattern first, then try
blocking it.

Alison
Old September 22nd 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:22:31 GMT, BB spun a fine yarn

I am considering trying the Branching Out scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
using some leftover Wool-ease, only because the color would be neat for
it (a heathered green), but if it's not going to block well, then it
might be a bad idea. Has anyone blocked Wool-ease before?

BB
---

I could be wrong,
(once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken, grin!)
but /methinks woolease is more acrylic than wool, therefore not very
blockable....
Any one ELSE???
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0638-0, 09/19/2006
Tested: 9/21/2006 6:07:07 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old September 22nd 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:07:06 -0500, YarnWright spun a fine yarn

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:22:31 GMT, BB spun a fine yarn

I am considering trying the Branching Out scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
using some leftover Wool-ease, only because the color would be neat for
it (a heathered green), but if it's not going to block well, then it
might be a bad idea. Has anyone blocked Wool-ease before?

BB
---

I could be wrong,
(once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken, grin!)
but /methinks woolease is more acrylic than wool, therefore not very
blockable....
Any one ELSE???
Noreen

BTW, in the 'spirit' of all the US election commercials, I want to
add:

I'm Noreen, and I've approved this mssg.!

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0638-0, 09/19/2006
Tested: 9/21/2006 6:09:57 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old September 22nd 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

YarnWright wrote:

I could be wrong,
(once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken, grin!)
but /methinks woolease is more acrylic than wool, therefore not very
blockable....
Any one ELSE???

That's why I was asking....I had a feeling it wouldn't work but wanted
to check. I should wait until I get some better yarn for doing that
scarf. I think the leftover Wool-ease is better suited for the Irish
Hiking Scarf. http://www.helloyarn.com/irishhikingcarf.htm

I guess the cool weather has me thinking of warm projects.

I am not ready for fall. I needed more summer!

BB

BTW, in the 'spirit' of all the US election commercials, I want to
add:

I'm Noreen, and I've approved this mssg.!

LOL!
Old September 22nd 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Alison wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:22:31 GMT, BB wrote:

I am considering trying the Branching Out scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
using some leftover Wool-ease, only because the color would be neat for
it (a heathered green), but if it's not going to block well, then it
might be a bad idea. Has anyone blocked Wool-ease before?

BB

Wool-ease is mostly acrylic, only 20% wool. I would try knitting a
swatch that consisted of some of the lace pattern first, then try
blocking it.

Alison

Yeah, it's probably a bad idea (using the yarn, not the swatching).
I will have to find some green all wool yarn for the branching out

BB
Old September 22nd 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

"BB" wrote in message
I am considering trying the Branching Out scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
using some leftover Wool-ease, only because the color would be neat for it
(a heathered green), but if it's not going to block well, then it might be
a bad idea. Has anyone blocked Wool-ease before?

BB

Pin out the piece, stretching the lace pattern, then dampen with a spray
bottle and let dry. You can also dampen the knitting and pin to dry.
DA

Old September 22nd 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

DA wrote:
"BB" wrote in message

I am considering trying the Branching Out scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
using some leftover Wool-ease, only because the color would be neat for it
(a heathered green), but if it's not going to block well, then it might be
a bad idea. Has anyone blocked Wool-ease before?

BB

Pin out the piece, stretching the lace pattern, then dampen with a spray
bottle and let dry. You can also dampen the knitting and pin to dry.
DA

Maybe I will make both scarves! I found another skein so I have enough.

BB
Old September 23rd 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"BB" wrote in message
I am considering trying the Branching Out scarf
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
using some leftover Wool-ease, only because the color would be neat for
it (a heathered green), but if it's not going to block well, then it
might be a bad idea. Has anyone blocked Wool-ease before?

BB

If the Wool-Ease is the worsted weight, I wouldn't use it. This is a
delicate looking scarf and far better suited to a fingering or lace weight
yarn. ;) Just MHO.

Shelagh

Old September 25th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

If the Wool-Ease is the worsted weight, I wouldn't use it. This is a
delicate looking scarf and far better suited to a fingering or lace weight
yarn. ;) Just MHO.

Shelagh

True. I'm finding the Irish Hiking Scarf feels almost too bulky with
this yarn because I like my scarves to bunch comfortably on the back of
my neck. I'll probably finish it though in case someone else likes it.

I have some thinner, 100% wool in my stash that would be much better
suited for the branching out scarf - hmm...a pretty deep red that I see
is also an autumn leafy color...

BB

August Block of the Month - posting for Danielle - it's early! Cappy Quilting 18 August 12th 06 11:25 PM
DECEMBER'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 83 December 16th 05 02:03 AM
EQ5 Users Debbi Quilting 5 October 5th 05 04:46 AM
Repost: EVIL SUNBONNET SUE BLOCK SWAP georg Quilting 7 May 12th 05 09:29 PM
A question about using wool? bit OT Sarah Grace Yarn 13 September 29th 03 10:00 AM