Need advice on flat to circular knitting for a Hat

Old September 20th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Need advice on flat to circular knitting for a Hat

I bought a book Noro Revisited
http://www.theknittinggarden.com/noro-revisited.htm I love the HORDAL hat
and scarf pattern and bought the yarn, however the pattern is for a flat
knitted hat and I want to do it in the round. The pattern calls for 84
stitches CO and work garter stitch...I think that means I would have to knit
a round and purl the next? The next section of the hat is Knit 2 Purl 2
ribbing and I am not sure how to do the decreases....it says decrease 8
stitches evenly.

TIA for any help!

Donna

Old September 20th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

The next section of the hat is Knit 2 Purl 2
ribbing and I am not sure how to do the decreases....it says decrease 8
stitches evenly.

TIA for any help!

Donna

On the last round before the K2,P2 rib work as follows
Stitches on needle = 84

Stitches to decrease = 8

Group 1

_____ k2tog

_____ work 9 sts

_____ k2tog

_____ work 8 sts

Group 2

_____ k2tog

_____ work 9 sts

_____ k2tog

_____ work 8 sts

Group 3

_____ k2tog

_____ work 9 sts

_____ k2tog

_____ work 8 sts

Group 4

_____ k2tog

_____ work 8 sts

Group 5

_____ k2tog

_____ work 9 sts

Total sts after decreases = 76

DA

Old September 20th 06, 08:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

DA wrote:
[...]

Wow thanks DA.......I have a mind block when it comes to mathG I have been
looking for a software program that will do the knitting math when I need
it.

Old September 20th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

Wow thanks DA.......I have a mind block when it comes to mathG I have
been looking for a software program that will do the knitting math when I
need it.

You are very welcome.
Being among the mathematically challenged also, I use a program called
Knitting Math Wizard.
You can get a demo here.
http://www.software4knitting.com/pkn...ath_wizard.htm
No affiliation with knitting wizards, just happen to like their software.
DA

Old September 20th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

DA wrote:
Wow thanks DA.......I have a mind block when it comes to mathG I
have been looking for a software program that will do the knitting
math when I need it.

You are very welcome.
Being among the mathematically challenged also, I use a program called
Knitting Math Wizard.
You can get a demo here.
http://www.software4knitting.com/pkn...ath_wizard.htm
No affiliation with knitting wizards, just happen to like their
software. DA

LOL ok I am sold on this......
"In a few clicks, Knitting Math Wizard will solve many of the mathematical
dilemmas associated with knitting."

Thanks againG

Donna

Whats your choice of needles for socks SpikeDriver Yarn 82 July 14th 06 09:25 AM
Flat White Circular Earrings? [email protected] Jewelry 0 February 5th 06 12:54 AM
Knitting a flat circle - the math? Gallagher Yarn 10 March 12th 05 03:52 PM
knitting journal Agres Yarn 18 December 26th 03 05:50 PM
Flat Knitting Knitterbugs Yarn 16 September 3rd 03 08:38 AM