Embroidery Machine

Old December 20th 03, 02:04 PM
J. Hooley

Default Embroidery Machine

I'm considering buying an embroidery machine - I intend to use it just to
make quilt labels, so I'm not looking for anything too fancy or expensive.
Any advice/suggestions? Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday!

Cathy
*********************************
Cathy Hooley
Goose Tracks Quilts
www.goosetracks.com

Old December 20th 03, 08:16 PM
Pogonip

J. Hooley wrote:

I'm considering buying an embroidery machine - I intend to use it just to
make quilt labels, so I'm not looking for anything too fancy or expensive.
Any advice/suggestions? Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday!

Cathy
*********************************
Cathy Hooley
Goose Tracks Quilts
www.goosetracks.com

You can get a lot of information at
alt.sewing.mach-embroider You might want to google the
archives. One word of caution, once you have the machine
and see what you can do with it, you probably won't limit
your use to labels. There are so many other things you
can do for quilts.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

Old December 20th 03, 08:29 PM
Pat

"Pogonip" wrote in message
J. Hooley wrote:

I'm considering buying an embroidery machine - I intend to use it just

make quilt labels, so I'm not looking for anything too fancy or

expensive.

A really good basic machine is the Brother PE180......it will do a lot of
stuff easily and make your labels too----but beware.......once you start
embroidering, there's no going back!! It is addictive!!!!

Old December 20th 03, 08:32 PM
J. Hooley

Thanks very much Joanne - one stupid question - how do I Google the
archives - I tried searching on alt.sewing.mach-embroider archive & I'm not
sure if I got to the right place or not - thanks again for your help

*********************************
Cathy Hooley
Goose Tracks Quilts
www.goosetracks.com

Old December 20th 03, 10:16 PM
Pogonip

J. Hooley wrote:

Thanks very much Joanne - one stupid question - how do I Google the
archives - I tried searching on alt.sewing.mach-embroider archive & I'm not
sure if I got to the right place or not - thanks again for your help

*********************************
Cathy Hooley
Goose Tracks Quilts
www.goosetracks.com

Go to Google.com and click on Groups. In the field, enter
alt.sewing.mach-embroider That will bring up the more
recent posts. Then you can use the search field at the
top of the page to enter keywords for questions, and click
the radio button for "Search only in
alt.sewing.mach-embroider" Then you'll get posts and
threads about the keyword you've entered. You can also
browse thread titles by paging through. Good luck!

Old December 20th 03, 10:31 PM
Kate Dicey

"J. Hooley" wrote:

I'm considering buying an embroidery machine - I intend to use it just to
make quilt labels, so I'm not looking for anything too fancy or expensive.
Any advice/suggestions? Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday!

I bet you find more to do with it! Advice is the same though - look
round for a used one!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old December 21st 03, 01:49 AM
J. Hooley

Thanks again everyone - for the Google search advice - that will come in
very handy - and for looking for a used machine - never though of that - are
they like used cars though - people getting rid of them because they are
defective?

Thanks again -

Cathy
*********************************
Cathy Hooley
Goose Tracks Quilts
www.goosetracks.com
Alternate e-mail:

Old December 21st 03, 01:58 AM
ALZ

I Think most people sell them used because they've upgraded. They may
have purchased a new machine from an internet dealer who doesn't take
trade-ins

Old December 21st 03, 02:30 AM
Penny S

J. Hooley found this in the back of the refrigerator:
Thanks again everyone - for the Google search advice - that will come
in very handy - and for looking for a used machine - never though of
that - are they like used cars though - people getting rid of them
because they are defective?

Thanks again -

Cathy

most folks trade up for more/better features.

Old December 21st 03, 02:57 AM
J. Hooley

That's great to know - thanks very much! I never thought of buying a used
machine - this will make it much easier to try out an embroidery machine
without breaking the bank. Thanks again!

Cathy

Cathy Hooley
Goose Tracks Quilts
www.goosetracks.com

FAQ for RCTQ Feb Diana Curtis Quilting 7 February 2nd 05 04:08 PM
FAQ RCTQ for newbies and oldtimers alike Diana Curtis Quilting 15 January 11th 04 06:20 PM
FA:: Silk Ribbon Machine Embroidery, Bednar, HB/DJ Number1Fred Marketplace 0 January 4th 04 09:26 PM
FA: Silk Ribbon Machine Embroidery, Bednar, HB/DJ Number1Fred Marketplace 0 December 27th 03 01:19 AM
Machine Embroidery FUN!! Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 8 November 21st 03 02:41 AM