OT - Free programs to kill Spyware, Virus, and block hackers!

Old September 22nd 03, 09:37 PM
CPI \(Aprshowers @ work\)

Default OT - Free programs to kill Spyware, Virus, and block hackers!

In reference to Valkyrie post, these programs are called 'Spyware' and they
will harm you computer and everyone else's. For those who don't have a Spy
removal, a good Anti-virus or Firewall program, the following are FREE:

Lavasoft 'Ad-aware' - best Spyware killer
Grisoft 'AVG' - very small program
Zone Alarm - Rated #1

You can find all these programs at http://download.com.com then do a
search for each one.

I don't trust Norton or McAfee anymore, but for the last 2 years I have been
running these programs and have not had one attack on my computer. I'm also
lucky that my ISP has BrightMail and Anti-virus programs to filter out the
bad before getting to me.

April
SW Washington

Old September 22nd 03, 11:06 PM
Gumbo

I use these programs and agree with you. They are great. Another one I
have started using is Spywareblaster which prevents spyware from being
installed.

Debbie

"CPI \(Aprshowers @ work\)" wrote in
: