Source for Desag Glass

Old December 24th 04, 08:21 AM
Jim Kooi

Default Source for Desag Glass

Hi,

Does anyone know of a retail source for Desag glass in the U.S. (preferably
in the Midwest). If no retail sources, then on-line?

Jim Kooi
Ann Arbor, MI

Old December 24th 04, 06:04 PM

It isn't hard to find. Almost all wholesale disbributors carry Desag
GNA. Here's the URL for Spectrum's list of distributors. Check the
ones nearest you and ask for the name of a retailer. You might start
with Ed Hoys.
http://www.spectrumglass.com/Pages/DistList.html
Dennis Brady
DeBrady Glass
http:debrady.com

Old December 24th 04, 08:43 PM
Javahut

wrote in message
oups.com...
It isn't hard to find. Almost all wholesale disbributors carry Desag
GNA. Here's the URL for Spectrum's list of distributors. Check the
ones nearest you and ask for the name of a retailer. You might start
with Ed Hoys.
http://www.spectrumglass.com/Pages/DistList.html
Dennis Brady
DeBrady Glass
http:debrady.com

Are you saying that DeSag is owned by Spectrum?

Old December 24th 04, 10:42 PM
Frank in UK

Desag is an offshoot of Schott. Desag GNA (German New Antique) is
fairly widely available. I think Dennis may be saying that many of
Spectrum's distributors will also carry GNA. As for other glass ranges
from Desag, I suspect thay are less readily available in N America

Old December 24th 04, 11:24 PM
Javahut

"Frank in UK" wrote in message
oups.com...
Desag is an offshoot of Schott. Desag GNA (German New Antique) is
fairly widely available. I think Dennis may be saying that many of
Spectrum's distributors will also carry GNA. As for other glass ranges
from Desag, I suspect thay are less readily available in N America

Last I knew it was available from Hollander, but don't know if that is the
case anymore..
I was aware of the Schott connection, that is why the reference to Spectrum
caught my eye, used to make some really nice rolled glass back when, at
least I think it was theirs...

Old December 27th 04, 03:14 PM
Jim Kooi

I'm looking for Desag Artista and also Lamberts "Table Cathedral". The U.S.
Lambert's distributor won't import them though. I emailed a few U.K dealers
asking whether they'd ship to the U.S. but none of them have even bothered
to answer so I guess I'm just out of luck.

"Christian Piguet" wrote in message
Hi,

If you mean antique glass and all kind of glass, Desag is now Glasshütte
Lamberts in Waldsassen, Deutschland. I don't now about retail source in

the
US. Ask them : www.lamberts.de.

Isabelle
Switzerland

Old December 28th 04, 12:01 PM
Andy Dingley

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:14:48 -0500, "Jim Kooi"
wrote:

I'm looking for Desag Artista and also Lamberts "Table Cathedral".

Go with the Spectrum - they've got plety of glasses that would suit
you. Have you seen a sample of Spectrum 317 ? It's not what you'd
want for your lighting, but it's a nice glass for work with fumed oak.

Old December 28th 04, 01:22 PM
Javahut

wrote:

I'm looking for Desag Artista and also Lamberts "Table Cathedral".

Go with the Spectrum - they've got plety of glasses that would suit
you. Have you seen a sample of Spectrum 317 ? It's not what you'd
want for your lighting, but it's a nice glass for work with fumed oak.

Your saying that as a joke, right?

Old December 28th 04, 07:00 PM
Jim Kooi

Andy,

Yes, I've looked at the 317 and it's nice stuff, but even though I'm making
the 70 for myself it's also going to be a demo piece I'll be showing to
prospective clients and so I want it to be as authentic as possible (a huge
positive factor in repros obviously). The amber glass 70's I've seen have
pretty "typical" hammered panes--nothing like the 317.

Source for glass cylinder? Bert Glass 8 July 17th 12 06:00 PM
Glass Source Michele Blank Glass 12 July 17th 12 04:39 PM
need source for glass tubes Boner the Cat Glass 21 June 25th 12 07:09 PM
For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 08:19 PM
Old glass receipts Matthew Spong Glass 0 July 4th 03 01:06 PM