M&M's - new flavors (chocolate is on topic)

Old June 24th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default M&M's - new flavors (chocolate is on topic)

Has anyone else tried the new Coconut M&M? I think they are too coconut....
I've also seen some other "Transformers" flavors - a PB&J blend....

Old June 24th 09, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Has anyone else tried the new Coconut M&M? I think they are too
coconut....
I've also seen some other "Transformers" flavors - a PB&J blend....

I'm probably one of the very few human beings that doesn't like M&M's. But
no, I'm not weird. I do love most other kinds of chocolate.

Old June 25th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:16:38 -0400, "Lucille"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Has anyone else tried the new Coconut M&M? I think they are too
coconut....
I've also seen some other "Transformers" flavors - a PB&J blend....

I'm probably one of the very few human beings that doesn't like M&M's.
But no, I'm not weird. I do love most other kinds of chocolate.

I can definitely take them or leave them, all chocolate in fact, save
perhaps some of the lovely Belgian ones. Give me a glass of good,
red wine, anytime, any day rather than chocolate.

Heck, I knew that LOL. Personally I like both.

Publix, our "good" grocery store has had this ad for the last week
advertising a packet of two slices of raspberry sacher torte cake slices.
I tried and tried to resist, but I was in there today, the last day of the
sale, and they were SOOOOO tempting, I succumbed. Currently they are
hidden from Jim. I really only wanted one, but what can you do?? I hope it
reminds me of holidays in Bavaria and the Tyrol.

Gill

I'm glad I didn't go today. I was ready to go when he phone rang and after
the phone call I decided to wait for tomorrow. No raspberry sacher torte
for me.

Old June 25th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

wrote:

[...]

If you wanna drive up, you can have one, otherwise, being a good friend
I will eat it for you.
Old June 25th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote:

[...]

Now that's really above and beyond just being a good friend. lol

Old June 25th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

wrote:

[...]

I don't mean to nitpick, but this is a genuine question. I always
thought sachertorte was by definition chocolate and apricot. If
raspberry is substituted, it's still delicious, but then is it still
sachertorte? Or just a chocolate-raspberry torte?

IOW, isn't it the apricot that makes sachertorte what it is?

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old June 25th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/25/09 10:13 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachertorte

Old June 25th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 10:13 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I will have to inform Publix! I LOVE marzipan, amaretto etc.

However this WAS sinfully good, and reminded me of some of those
wonderful pastry shops in Innsbruck!! Of course I was in my VERY early
20s then, and could eat everything and never gain weight. Sadly, that
changed.

Gill