Lana Grossa vs Lion Brand

Old September 23rd 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Lana Grossa vs Lion Brand

I've been on a sock knitting kick after buying some balls of Lana
Grossa self striping yarn at a knitting show. I've decided to knit
some socks for friends for Christmas. Lion Brand has magic stripe yarn
(75% wool, 25% nylon) which is only $6 a ball for 100gr compared to
Lana Grossa (80% wool and 20% polyamide) which is $15 for the same
amount. Is there a real difference in quaility?

Thanks!
Caroline

Old September 24th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I just looked through my sock yarn stash, I guess LB is the one sock
yarn I haven't used yet. I have used some LB Woolease for socks
though, worked up okay for me and they are pretty comfortable, but boy
do they stretch out of shape. I have used Moda Dea Sassy Stripes which
is a heavier yarn, it does knit up faster and it striped okay but not
with the definition of the Clown or Cervinia.
Marie and the cats

Wooly wrote:
On 23 Sep 2006 10:08:18 -0700, spewed forth :

I've been on a sock knitting kick after buying some balls of Lana
Grossa self striping yarn at a knitting show. I've decided to knit
some socks for friends for Christmas. Lion Brand has magic stripe yarn
(75% wool, 25% nylon) which is only $6 a ball for 100gr compared to
Lana Grossa (80% wool and 20% polyamide) which is $15 for the same
amount. Is there a real difference in quaility?

Thanks!
Caroline

The LB stuff is heavier so it'll knit up faster. It's also more
loosely spun, has quite a few blebes in each hank (imo) and the
dyejobs are pretty crummy.

I do like the Meilenweit lines

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Old September 25th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

I have used both and find that the LB sock yarn holds up better in the
heels without a carry along. It also washes softer IMO.

Lion Brand re Martha's Poncho Shillelagh Yarn 26 March 13th 05 09:36 PM
Just e-mailed Lion Brand spampot Yarn 3 March 1st 05 10:28 PM
Here are some christmas Patterns Enjoy Warmhands Yarn 0 November 28th 04 04:20 PM
Lion Brand Wool-Ease question Kira Dirlik Yarn 7 May 6th 04 03:38 AM
Lion Brand Microspun Bookfan Yarn 2 August 23rd 03 04:25 PM