crocheting help needed, please?

Old September 23rd 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
dragonflylake1

Default crocheting help needed, please?

I am crocheting a baby sweater, after having not crocheted for abut 20
years. I am currently starting on a yoke to join the body with the
arms and the directions say:
"join A on starting chain in base of first half shell, work 2 sc in
half shell, 1sc in base of next sc [3sc in base of next shell, 1 sc in
next sc]. "

I got the yarn joined, do they mean 2 SC in each dc of the half shell?
then the 3sc in base of next shell, what does that mean - won't it make
a ridge? The picture is not a close up and I can't find anyting in my
books or on the web that explains the procedure. The book I am using
is a Columbia-Minerva daffy down dilly pattern number 778-3 from many
years ago and if anyone can help me out here with a clear explanation,
I would be thrilled!

Terri

Old September 24th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Sue W

Hi Terri, welcome to the group!

I would think that it would be best to space out the sc as evenly as
possible. At the start of the row, put 2sc in the half shell, then I would
put one sc in each side of each shell and one in the middle, not forgetting
the sc in the sc. This gives 4sc for each pattern repeat.

Sue W in East Anglia, UK

"dragonflylake1" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am crocheting a baby sweater, after having not crocheted for abut 20
years. I am currently starting on a yoke to join the body with the
arms and the directions say:
"join A on starting chain in base of first half shell, work 2 sc in
half shell, 1sc in base of next sc [3sc in base of next shell, 1 sc in
next sc]. "

I got the yarn joined, do they mean 2 SC in each dc of the half shell?
then the 3sc in base of next shell, what does that mean - won't it make
a ridge? The picture is not a close up and I can't find anyting in my
books or on the web that explains the procedure. The book I am using
is a Columbia-Minerva daffy down dilly pattern number 778-3 from many
years ago and if anyone can help me out here with a clear explanation,
I would be thrilled!

Terri

I've started crocheting again Erin Yarn 4 May 13th 06 06:37 PM
How to calculate the length of the thread needed Isam Needlework 3 April 21st 04 01:35 PM
prayers needed AliceW Quilting 22 February 13th 04 01:26 AM
BE book recommendation needed Hexe Needlework 7 December 18th 03 06:46 AM
Help needed in Novi this weekend Stamp Francisco Rubberstamps 0 July 31st 03 10:52 PM