kumihimo

Old September 20th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Arlene

Default kumihimo

Hi,

What do you do with the kumihimo strands after you finish making them.

I need suggestions.

Arlene
Old September 20th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"arlene" wrote in message
Hi,

What do you do with the kumihimo strands after you finish making them.

I need suggestions.

Arlene

We have/had a resident expert on Kumihimo but she doesn't seem to post here
anymore. I have only done a couple of braids, but just wove the strands in.
I have no idea if that's correct or not. Try good old Google.... I'm sure
there might be some answers there.

Shelagh

Old September 20th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

arlene wrote:
Hi,

What do you do with the kumihimo strands after you finish making them.

I need suggestions.

Arlene

What are they Arlene?

Dennis
Old September 20th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Arlene

SpikeDriver wrote:
arlene wrote:
Hi,

What do you do with the kumihimo strands after you finish making them.

I need suggestions.

Arlene

What are they Arlene?

Dennis

They are strands, woven together. Using a disk with notches,you place
the strand of yarn, ribbon, etc. in the notches and through the hole in
the center of the disk. you weave the strands around the disk to make a
kind of rope.

I'm not sure I described this correctly.

Arlene
Old September 21st 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"SpikeDriver" wrote in message
What are they Arlene?

Dennis

Go he
http://www.mtnloom.com/Kumi.htm

http://www.fibreartsonline.com/fac/kumihimo/

http://www.braidershand.com/

I'm sure you'll find some good info. ;)

Shelagh

Old September 21st 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Shillelagh wrote:
"SpikeDriver" wrote in message
What are they Arlene?

Dennis

Go he
http://www.mtnloom.com/Kumi.htm

http://www.fibreartsonline.com/fac/kumihimo/

http://www.braidershand.com/

I'm sure you'll find some good info. ;)

Shelagh

Thank you both!

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old September 21st 06, 08:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spinninglilac

Hi Arlene
knecklaces bag handles bookmarks keyring fobs borders around photo frames
anything you wish to do with them is acheiveable.

Add beads round oblong flat ones and go wild make edgings to almost anything
with them, I've knitted slippers felted them, and added a braid around the
edge before now.

oh and my little weaving note book I wove a cover for it, and edged it with
contrasting kumihimo braid. It was just an oblong of weaving, could be
knitted or crocheted but I had some weaving sample about the right size, so
I turned both ends in, and stitched them down, making a flap/pocket at
either end, then stitched the braid around it leaving a tassle at the
middle bottom and put the end covers of the book inside the flaps/pockets.
When the books full I can just replace it. Also edged a small lavendar
pillow with it, making a loop for hanging up too,.

higz Cher

Old September 21st 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Arlene

Hi Cher,

Thanks for all those suggestions.

Arlene

Old September 21st 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spinninglilac

you're welcome

"arlene" wrote in message
Hi,

What do you do with the kumihimo strands after you finish making them.

I need suggestions.

Arlene

Kumihimo workshop Lee S. Billings Beads 5 March 13th 05 11:19 PM
Kumihimo Andy Dingley Yarn 30 February 18th 05 03:03 PM
Kumihimo Lynne Yarn 1 October 18th 04 03:19 AM
Kumihimo Lynne Demmery Needlework 5 April 28th 04 02:28 PM
Helen and kumihimo and CDs.....big smile Els van Dam Yarn 25 September 14th 03 05:49 PM