I've heard about soldering pastes

Old August 19th 04, 03:48 PM

Default I've heard about soldering pastes

Hi Linda,

Soldering pastes exist in gold and silver in different karats.
In soldering paste, like soldering sheets, there are a few levels of
difficulties, soft medium and hard.
The pastes come in a plastic syringe that a metal needle is attached
or a plastic one with the diameter wanted.
You can use the paste in different cases:
1. When you weld large surface and parallel.
2.When both sizes are joined and there's no need to fill (like ring
that you want to reduce it's size).
3. For soldering delicate chains or posts
4. You can also use a sheet or wire and a soldering paste together
when the solder wire or sheet moves and melts away from the point
wanted.

There's another kind of paste called "sticky" which is good for
soldering a specific point, and when you don't want the solder to move

Sara.
Old August 24th 04, 10:34 AM
Linda Miller

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for all the information.
It seems that the paste has lots of benefits, that I can use at my
work.
From the info that I recieved I understood that there are pastes that
contain cadmium that is harmful.
Before using the paste I would like to know about the risks of the
cadmium and how can I prevent them (if I can) and wether the cadmium
free paste is good enough as the paste with the cadmium.

Please let me know where I can get those soldering pastes (prefering
cadmium free if it has the same benefits).

Thanks
Linda.

O/T - Anyone heard from Starlia lately? AmazeR Beads 0 December 11th 04 07:52 PM
I've heard about soldering pastes Linda Miller Jewelry 8 August 24th 04 05:27 AM
Help soldering sterling silver setup NEWBIE Jason Lynch Jewelry 8 July 20th 04 04:10 PM
Soldering Jack Schmidling Jewelry 64 July 14th 04 05:55 AM
Silver Soldering Jack Ouzzi Jewelry 3 March 28th 04 05:33 PM