I've been asked

Old December 31st 03, 10:20 PM
Queen of Squishies

Default I've been asked

I've been asked to post a few facts about what a Hug is, and what is the
Hug List. First, the list. I have an email list of over 250 rctq'rs who
want to be notified when someone wants to sponsor a Hug. When someone does
want to sponsor a Hug, they email me with the reason and the colors, block
size, deadline, etc. I send it out to the list. I never give out the
member's email addresses. Then everyone on the list can decide if they want
to, or are able to, make a block for a particular Hug. If you do, you make a
block of the size requested, sign it with your screen name and location, or
according to the request, and mail it to the Hug sponsor by the deadline
given. That's it! We have a ball with it!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

The rest is from Miss Sairey -

And so. What is a HUG?

A HUG is bits of fabric put together with love and understanding -- and
sometimes, a serious case of stitching-out-the-pain, for some of us who
cannot BE there to administer the real, personal HUGs. A HUG is one way
(sometimes the only way we have, in this chunk of cyber-space, this big
quilting bee many of us have depended on in ways we can never fully explain)
to put our arms around someone (and each other); to reach out and say "I
wish I could be there with/for you, in person, but I can't, and this will
just have to do, at least for now."

A HUG wraps the absolute Caring that goes on in this newsgroup into a
tangible package for someone to touch, and feel, and cuddle down into when
times are tough. Sometimes, a HUG is all we have, when words aren't enough.

Now, don't think for an instant that HUGs are ALL sadness and tragedy. Not
by a long shot, they aren't. There's almost always a lot of LAUGHTER
stitched into each HUG, and a lot of shared good-times. Lots of puns get
worked into many of the HUG-blocks, and lots of the things we've just
LEARNED about each other, from time to time. Lots of
rainbows and butterfly wings and sunshine and flowers and just
downright-silly-giggles, too.

There is an astonishing amount of POWER in a HUG, folks. Lightning and
thunder and some really sharp edges and planes. Anger, sometimes, in a HUG.
A good, clean kind of anger.

A HUG is for Friendship and Family. A HUG helps with fear and pain. A HUG
is for Laughter and good times and spinning around the room in a
happy-dance.

A HUG is all the things quilters do, for all the reasons they do the things
they do. But because mostly, quilters do what they do because they CARE so
very deeply, and simply understand the perfect beauty of a HUG, the quilters
here on RCTQ just HUG, from time to time.

Old December 31st 03, 11:06 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
And a good job you're doing, too, Karen.

If anyone wants to make a Hug quilt on their own, that's fine, too.
More work to contact individuals, but do-able.

"Let Karen do it!" works for me. ;-D

Happy New Year!
Ragmop/Sandy
link.net...

Old December 31st 03, 11:15 PM
Queen of Squishies

Oh yeah, I forgot that part, and silly me!! cuz that's how mine was done!!!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 1st 04, 05:36 PM
Butterfly

Hehehehehhee, sure was, and tell me
Are YOU still Grinning
Butterfly (I sure am--and DS did NOT sleep under it last night)
hlink.net...

Old January 1st 04, 07:05 PM
Helen Howes

Ok, how does one volunteer for the Hug list?

Helen Howes

Our Lady of The Biscuits

**please note new title for the new year**
Old January 1st 04, 08:40 PM
nzl*

Hi Helen,
a private email to Karen "Queen of Squishys"
then again, tis possible you just did it here already.
welcome aboard!!
GROUP HUG FOR 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope everyone on RCTQ has a better year than last year
with heaps of quilty inspiration and they get lots of joy from being a part
of the bestest group of quilters on the internet....US .
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Helen Howes" wrote...

Old January 1st 04, 08:59 PM
Queen of Squishies

OHHHH yeaaahhhhh! I'm still grinning! And dh did take a nap under it again
this morning. He's still grinning too. He's just bustin' proud that y'all
would do somethin like that fer his little ole sweetie! : D

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 1st 04, 09:03 PM
nzl*

hey, your our 'little ole sweetie!' too ya know.
Happy Ewe Near, Karen.
baaaaaabaaaaaaabaaaaaaaa,
hugglez,
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Queen of Squishies" wrote...
| OHHHH yeaaahhhhh! I'm still grinning! And dh did take a nap under it
again this morning. He's still grinning too. He's just bustin' proud that
y'all would do somethin like that fer his little ole sweetie! : D

| Karen, Queen of Squishies

OTT: He finally asked her! Pat P Needlework 17 November 14th 04 06:36 PM
wreath pics posted for those who asked susiegibson Beads 9 November 4th 04 04:23 AM
Should have asked sooner - LNS in Lake Placid NY area Cheryl Isaak Needlework 2 July 1st 04 11:15 PM
You asked for it: Pics Tinkster Beads 37 January 21st 04 05:59 AM
asked for web site as Christmas gift Susan Laity Price Quilting 9 November 18th 03 02:37 PM