Needlepoint and me...

Old January 20th 04, 09:29 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default Needlepoint and me...

Hi again!

Haapajärvi is the place I belong to and am typing from. It
is 162 km south from Oulu. And yes...I have done only few
stitches...I mean half cross stitches. And I made them last
Saturday when I was in my friend's place. That project...I
started it in the same place last summer. Now I have kept a
long break with it. But lately I have felt 'I knit at home.
Why not np when I am visiting somewhere?' and that is what I
have done.
Best: Pirjo

Old January 21st 04, 03:52 PM
Lynne M.

"Pirjo Ilvesvuori" wrote in message ...
Hi again!

Haapajärvi is the place I belong to and am typing from. It
is 162 km south from Oulu. And yes...I have done only few
stitches...I mean half cross stitches. And I made them last
Saturday when I was in my friend's place. That project...I
started it in the same place last summer. Now I have kept a
long break with it. But lately I have felt 'I knit at home.
Why not np when I am visiting somewhere?' and that is what I
have done.
Best: Pirjo

Oh, thanks. I will look this up. My husband has been to Finland
to see his relatives. We also have some friends who live in
Tampere and they came here to visit us. I think Oklahoma
is about as exotic to Finns as Finland is to folks in the US!
You would laugh inside if you met my mother-in-law. Her name is
Jenni Alto and Finnish is actually her first language, but she
grew up in Brooklyn and has the thickest Brooklyn accent. A man
I know who is Swedish says she looks just like a regular
Finnish older lady, so it's a bit startling when she starts to
talk. She still understands and speaks Finnish though,
and has taught us some Finnish phrases. Best on your stitching
and knitting.

Lynne

Old January 22nd 04, 10:55 AM
Mlle Ilvesvuori

Hi Lynne!

Last night I stitched again. That scenery thing. I went into my friend's
place and there I sat and stitched away. Feels great. My progress is slow
but sure. And thanks for support. I hope the best for Jenni.
Best: Pirjo
"Lynne M." kirjoitti viestissä
om...