SIMPLE SHAWL PATTERN

Old June 30th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default SIMPLE SHAWL PATTERN

In article ,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Hallo Knitknut ,,,, yes like you i preffer decreasing over increasing
,,, the last Knitter`s has loads of shawls , but those start with the
smaller size ,,, thus here goes ....
make a GUAGUE SWATCH ,,,,,, = .. cast on 20 st in the wool you want to
knit your shawl with,,,, knit 10 rows , take off needles and lay over
a measure tape ,, in you copybook [for knitting] , write down wool
named xxxxx on needle number ZZZ 20 st= ??? cm [inches] .
Now if you have a sahwl measure in mind [wrap yourself in one or in a
piece of cloth ,,,, measure both short sides of the shawl and
calculate how many stiches you need for those , mark your middle ,
best advice have 1 middle stich , and make you decreases on both sides
of that one. decided upon pattern ,,,, knit 1 row as is ,,,, 2 row and
every alternative row ,,, knit [or purl as you chose pattern] 1 [side]
st, k 2 st together, knit till 2 stiches Before middle stich[ you
better put a mark of colored tread there ] knit 2 together, k1 [or
purl] , k2 togeher, knit till 3 before side , 2 together , k1 ,
alternative rows knit all .

Mirjam, I notice that your shawl pattern decreases 4 on every
other row, and not on the inbetween rows. Wooly's decreases
4 on every other row, and 2 on the in between rows, so her shawl
will come out shorter than yours. Not having made either one,
I'm wondering how long your shawl usually comes out, by comparison
with how wide it is. Is your shawl longer or shorter than it
is wide?

If made in thinner yarn instead of thick yarn, would the shawl
come out shorter in proportion? (I think it might, because
the decrease rate would be the same but the row gauge would be
smaller, but I'm not sure.)

=Tamar
Old July 3rd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

I can help you with a beautiful crochet one If you are interested I can send
it to you by e-mail and then you print it. It is very simple but I find it
nice. It is crochet though.
Sofia D

"KNITKNUT" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello all..I'm searching for a triangular shawl pattern. I have
trouble increasing, so I thought a pattern that is worked"upside down"
might be easier, starting with the widest edge. I am better at
decreasing (new knitter). Any assistance is much appreciated.
Thank you

Pattern material and matching glass [email protected] Glass 12 April 24th 06 04:53 AM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
thread crochet shawl pattern? Heather and Reggie Fulbright Yarn 2 May 1st 04 02:49 AM
Where can I find....Shawl Collar Jacket Pattern for Children Marilyn Krzus Sewing 2 November 4th 03 08:07 PM