Need instructions for a dish scrubber made with net

Old October 18th 03, 09:30 PM
aeromom

Default Need instructions for a dish scrubber made with net

Anyone have instructions on how to make a net dish scrubber?
Thanks,
aeormom

Old October 19th 03, 01:07 AM
Valkyrie

"aeromom" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone have instructions on how to make a net dish scrubber?
Thanks,
aeormom

What I found on:

5 or 6 strips of nylon net, 5" by 18", different colored if you like
Needle and thread

Lay the strips of net on top of each other, than sew them together down the
middle, lengthwise, with a long gathering stitch. Pull the thread tight so
that the net bounces up into a ball. Tie a knot in the end of the thread.
Fluff out the ends and you're done!

This site has instructions for scrubbers, scroll down about 2/3 'Nylon Pot
Scrubber'

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/miscro.html

Val

Old October 23rd 03, 03:48 PM
Elizabeth M. Phillips

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, aeromom wrote:

Anyone have instructions on how to make a net dish scrubber?
Thanks,
aeormom

I'm sure many people will give you fancy explanations, but really, all you
need to do is buy 1/4 yd of net (unless you want to save for the future or
have another project in mind). 1/4 yd. is 9", cut it about 9 or 12" wide,
wad it up (scrunch it) and use it. Stuff can get in it as you use it and
you have to wash it out to keep using it, so with just the single layer
it's much easier to use. They last a long time, are cheap, and really
work. Have used them "more successfully" than all the other stuff -
except maybe stainless wire scrubber - for years. Many of the other
products, whether brushes, sponges or various other combinations, do not
last as long, are much more expensive, and are generally harder to clean.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of brickbats B-) on that last, but that's my own
personal experience, and I've tried many things. Some of the more
expensive things are useful, but not so much for scrubbing.

To keep them clean once you have anything that clings loosened, you can
put them in the dishwasher or in a clean (relatively) load in the washer.

Betsy
Been there, done that, NO tee shirt.