Bernina 2500CET

Old October 23rd 03, 02:25 AM
gabrielle

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:27:48 -0700, Joy Hardie wrote:

(Side note: Is something goofy going on with alt.sewing? I havn't
gotten any new messages there since the 13th)

Working fine for me. Maybe you have everyone killfiled.

I LOVE my 2000DCE. What is the "T" for?

I assume "Top" because the DCET does the "top & bottom" or sort-of
reversible cover stitch, which the DCE does not.

Maybe it was the addition of that extra feature that made this machine
such a PITA.

Mine does the cover as well and
I basically don't convert that often because it does take time.

It's not the conversion that takes the time, it's the getting it adjusted
to work properly with my chosen fabric that takes anywhere from 10 minutes
up. :P That part happens whether it's already set up for cover stitch or
not.

I would
have preferred a dedicated machine. I have had no problems with my
machine at all and use it daily for many types of work.

What specific kinds of fabric and garments are you sewing? I have had
very mixed results, as you no doubt read.

gabrielle
Old October 23rd 03, 03:45 PM
Joy Hardie

Great. My silk dupioni turned into crepe when I dyed it
purple....which isn't bad, except now I need one more yard to
magically turn into crepe again - and it won't do anything but stay
dupioni. And, now, it appears my computer is sick. That's really
weird, my sewing machines and serger are still working fine!. Hmmm.
Joy

(Side note: Is something goofy going on with alt.sewing? I havn't
gotten any new messages there since the 13th)

Working fine for me. Maybe you have everyone killfiled.

What specific kinds of fabric and garments are you sewing? I have had
very mixed results, as you no doubt read.

I am sewing everything from stretch velvet to silk chiffon. I sew
alot for the ballet and ice skaters. I whip out children's
sportswear for my kids.....but that is really easy stuff like cotton
knits. I don't have ANY tension difficulties....but maybe I do and am
too ignorant to know it. I do wish I could use the differential to
gather more than it does........that would be my one request.
Joy