introduction

Old March 9th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
rose

Default introduction

Hi Everyone,

I will now introduce myself sorry its taken me a few days i dont get
on net very often the kids are on more than me , I'm from west
yorkshire and just reading up about the hobby at the minute just a
beginner ,thought i would join this group to learn more about it. also
hoping to find some friends on this group

rose

http://www.craftmarkets.co.uk/craftbox/
Old March 10th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper[_2_]

Welcome to our little group. I guarantee you'll get hooked with making
cards etc. Hope to hear from you lots. Years ago this group was very
active but peoples interests change so things have been slow for some time.
We must be from opposite ends of the US (or is Yorkshire even in the US?).
Hmmm... I live near Las Vegas and have been making greeting cards since '97
or '98. Wow, I thought it was longer than that! My craft room looks like
I've been stamping FOREVER! LOL. We have one son, one granddaughter plus a
dog who thinks he's an only child since our son left the nest years ago.
Ask questions and we will do our best to answer them promptly.

SAD

On 3/9/08 11:34 AM, in article
, "rose"

Old March 10th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
stampingmaniac

Welcome!
Yes, this group does seem to converse in spurts, but I've learned a
lot and even acquired a stamping penpal through this group, so I make
sure to check in when I can! Glad to see conversation starting up
again.

A friend introduced me to embossing after gifting me with a set of
handmade notecards for my birthday a few years ago, and I've been
hooked ever since. The idea was to acquire a hobby that had more
instant gratification than my cross-stitching, however I find it
harder and harder to make the simple cards I originally set out to
make! Layers, embellishments, they all creep in to my creations!
I've also managed to hook a number of friends and relatives on the
craft as well, and even DH will express a desire to make cards with me
now and again (he has quite an artistic side!).

Due to current life circumstances I won't be able to post super often,
but will check in as often as I'm able!

--Stamping maniac

Hi, new here, an introduction... ilia Jewelry 2 March 28th 06 03:08 AM
Introduction Bobbie Sews Moore Needlework 16 December 12th 05 04:42 PM
Introduction Catherine K. Needlework 1 July 27th 05 02:29 PM
Introduction Uschi Quilting 35 May 17th 05 12:08 AM
Introduction Ophelia Yarn 0 June 9th 04 04:14 PM