Medic Alert Bracelet (with MY lampwork)

Old October 23rd 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default Medic Alert Bracelet (with MY lampwork)

The friend of a frequent customer asked me to make her a medic alert
bracelet with my lampwork. She wanted red and black, so I showed her some
of my work, and she chose the beads she wanted.

The link is to the bracelet that she sent me to use for sizing (on the
bottom), and the
other one is the one that I made her (top). I think it came out really
nice!

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/medicalert2.jpg

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 23rd 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
chaddock

I really like it! I'm curious, why do you use to claws instead of one
claw and a ring?

-m.

www.jewelrybychaddock.com
Old October 23rd 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

Jerri, those are really super!! I have worn a Medic Alert for about 35
years (drug allergies) and I never thought to jazz up the bracelet.

Now.....do you have any cell phone charms?? I want to make one and
can't seem to settle on any particular idea. My daughter says that most
of the Asian students at the college she works at have them.....usually
with Pokemon, etc. Not my style!! (G)

The ones above sound smallish, but thought I would go with inexpensive
glass beads, etc, until I see if I like having one.

Cheers.....Heather
PS.....Daughter is totally *besotted* with Rufus, her new dog. He is so
funny and incredibly intelligent.....as I am a cat person, I don't know
much about dogs. Hers is one half Shih Tsu, one half Havanese (Cuban).
Really laid back.

Old October 23rd 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

Probably just to attach the Medic Alert plaque. The links are usually
soldered on that part......or should be. Mine aren't since they got a
new manufacturer.

FWIW, my old one is about 35 years in age, and I wear that one rather
than the new one. They don't make them like they used to!!

Heather

Old October 23rd 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Mary!

She wanted it so it would hook on to each side of her medic alert band.
(I'm not sure what you call that part.) That way, she can wear the same
band and change the bracelets.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 23rd 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Heather!

I've never made a cell phone charm. I usually carry mine in a pocket in my
jeans, so I don't know if I'd want anything sticking out. I may have to
make one and try it though.

You'll have to send me a picture of Rufus. He sounds adorable!

At the rescue, we have a Shih Tzu/Dachshund who is just adorable. He was an
owner surrender, and they had his mother and sister (and I think they have
the father, too), so we're sure of the parentage. He's hair is kind of
wirey, so looks sort of terrier-ish. So cute!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 24th 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Oct 23, 3:47 am, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
The friend of a frequent customer asked me to make her a medic alert
bracelet with my lampwork. She wanted red and black, so I showed her some
of my work, and she chose the beads she wanted.

The link is to the bracelet that she sent me to use for sizing (on the
bottom), and the
other one is the one that I made her (top). I think it came out really
nice!

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/medicalert2.jpg

--
Jerriwww.beadbimbo.com

looks perfect. Wow.
(can' I borrow the idea, asking just in case?)

Aloha,
Maren
Old October 24th 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks!

It's not my original idea, so go ahead.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 24th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels[_2_]

Is this the one that was in a recent B&B? Just to mention, a medical
professional nixed the idea, he/she said that in an ER situation they are
looking for the standard metal link bracelet or necklace and may overlook
the fancier ones. I'm not sure if this is what they were referring to or
not, but it is a consideration.

Reminds me - I need to get one myself.

--
Karleen Cole
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old October 24th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
Just to mention, a medical
professional nixed the idea, he/she said that in an ER situation they
are
looking for the standard metal link bracelet or necklace and may
overlook
the fancier ones. I'm not sure if this is what they were referring to
or
not, but it is a consideration.

Yes, you are right on that. When I got mine, a friend who was a
paramedic told me they look for the distinctive links and that I should
wear it on the opposite wrist that my watch is on. For some reason that
is the first place they look.

And FWIW, he said that a bracelet is way better than a necklace. Easier
to spot, I think. Particularly in winter with heavy clothes. All of
this being in case of say a seizure or fainting spell, etc. on the
street......not in the ER.

However, Medic Alert sells very expensive 10k gold and sterling silver
ones that do NOT have the distinctive plain stainless steel links. So
that counteracts one theory, grin.

Heather