Native American beads

Old October 12th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
meghan

Default Native American beads

I am looking for a good source for Native American beads and beadwork.

Old October 12th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Google it.

Old October 13th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
crusty521

Beckibead wrote:
Google it.

Crusty says: If you must google it, then Go in a few pages to try and
get past the crap

Old October 13th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
monique

I had great service from Ahwenasa
http://www.ahwenasa.com/

I ordered brass beads. She's also got bone, hair pipe, seed beads, etc.

Monique in Texas

Old October 13th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
jim redden

Becki, not to gripe, but maybe you should eaease up a touch!

Just jumping in and telling someone " google it " puts a rather closed off
attitude towards the person asking, if they are newbie's ,that could keep a
potential member from staying with the group.

I can see making the comment if it is the same person askinging for info all
the time, but not a newbie. There are alot of first timers who are just
starting to get involved on the internet, and are still scared to " google "
or check other sites ( it's a comfort level thing ) even after years I hate
to waste glass,or wire on a project because I don't want to fail and waste
material.

Jim Redden

"meghan" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking for a good source for Native American beads and beadwork.

Old October 14th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Jim -- and are you one of those newbies? Because if so, welcome.

Otherwise, we get lots and lots of posts from people who don't want to
be a part of the group. They just want us to do their research for
them. Half the time they don't even come back for the answers. I hope
that you will.

Becki

Old October 14th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
jim redden

Actually becki, I've been around a couple of years, mostly in lurk mode, but
I have piped in every now and then.

Jim

Beadgasms for all

ups.com...

Old October 15th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Are you looking for old trade beads, new "native-style" beads, or new
beads made by American indians?

For the beadwork, if you want real indian beadwork, if you don't live
near a lot of reservations, you will probably find the best selection at
a local pow wow. Check out this pow wow calendar to see if you can find
one upcoming near you: http://www.gatheringofnations.com/powwows/index.htm

It's not at all comprehensive, so you might want to check with a local
university to see if there's a student indian association you could
inquire with about events.

There used to be a book called "Pow wow calendar" that you could pick up
at Borders, but I don't think it's being published anymore.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old October 15th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.

jim redden wrote:
Actually becki, I've been around a couple of years, mostly in lurk mode, but
I have piped in every now and then.

Not nearly enough Jim dear!!!

I better shutup before someone says 'Look who's talking!'

--
Polly
don't spook my groove...

email - webmaster at beadfulheart dot com